Analog Shader Pack version 3 is HERE!

Agree with Ivan, had a similar thought myself playing yesterday. CRT scanlines and blur are perfection but colors and contrast are slightly off, curved Boob Tube also have a bit too much flicker which I cant disable no matter what, crt geom scanline weight disables this flickering but makes everything too bright so, it appears there are too many interconnected values for me to tweak on my own without knowing what does what.

I made some tests and displayed screencaps from retroarch on my CRT and then compared them with my monitor, the color was pretty much the same as standard retroarch. Not sure whether scanlines and shadowmask without color correction would looked good though, after all they change image by itself so it is possible image would be too dark or washed out.

Some shaders doesn’t load. With d3d driver, the shaders load, but the game stays with black screen.

The problem is AMD video card? My video card is Sapphire Radeon HD 6870. Driver updated. Retroarch last stable.

Excelent pack! Congratulations!

Thanks!

Will this be included by default in future releases of RetroArch?

It should be

So, I’m a bit confused. Is the AMD compatibility fixed for this pack? Or just fixed for some of the shaders?

If so, what ones still won’t work?

This has been very hard to follow.

@Solid12345 I really like what you’ve done, here… really terrific work, thank you! I have a quick question: When using the “Boob Tube” filter preset, is there any way to dial back or remove the flickering of the scanlines? Everything looks just like it did on my TV as a kid, except for that.

Thanks in advance if you are able to provide any info.

1 Like

Thank you! Your packs have always been awesome and this one is no exception!

I found one wee bug in it, though–the CGA shader (color version) was a copy of the hercules green–I was able to fix it, though, by removing the green component from the shader header or whatever it was called, then renumbered the rest, and now it works fine (tweaked the monitor brightness in it a bit as by default was quite bright).

But, I got it all set up and now I can use your shaders with dosbox and bezels and it is awesome!

I love your crappy Atari television shader–it is awesome, let me make this:

Thank you again!

2 Likes

I was trying to change some parameters (lower the input_gamma) in Wega Shader, but the modification is not getting saved when I press “APPLY”.

I also tried to modify the CGP, but nothing gets changed, the only way I can view the changes is when I select “preview shader parameters” :confused:

FIXED: I just had to edit: shader9 = “…\shaders_cg\Analog Shader Pack\480P\crt-easymode.cg” :slight_smile:

Dumb newbie question here, but why is it that when I try to use any of these shaders the folders for them just say “no items”? Seems I can’t use any of these when trying to open them as presets, I feel like I’m just overlooking something simple.

I want to thank you for this awesome shader pack, great stuff! It took me a while before I understood that I have to use the PRESETS and not the SHADERS :relieved: But now I’'m totally into customizing presets, although most of yours are exactly what I want. Keep up the great work!

Select Load content >> settings >> Filter unknown extensions, set to off.

It hides everything that is not a known rom format and unfortunately presets as well.

Is there a way to convert this fantastic pack in GLSL format ?

I tried to convert Sony PVM S-Video but I have some problems with Flicker.cg and overall configuration.

If someone can help me.

Thanks

Yes, this pack need GLSL remake

1 Like

And also Slang (Vulkan) conversions. :slight_smile:

1 Like

anyone know why every shader in this pack crashes retroarch on windows 7? tried retroarch_debug but there’s no errors logged when it crashes, just the windows ‘stopped working’ screen. i actually got Zenith to work once but i have no idea how or why. version 2 of the pack works just fine

I know i’ve been awol for awhile but never fear, in the midst of re-doing the pack in the new slang format and also avoiding any hack jobbed shaders so hopefully it can get a github upload when it is all said and done, so if you’re getting crashes just ask to be a little patient for awhile, also got some other surprises coming :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Cant wait to finally see it.

Loving the shader pack, thank you so much. Was looking for a nice curved soft CRT shader and yours fitted the bill perfectly. However, after a while of playing I get a nasty flicker on my screen - only in the shader area - which persists even when I shutdown retroarch. I’m running games on Nestopia in 4:3 aspect ratio, on a widescreen monitor, 1920x1080, 60hz, in fullscreen, non-windowed mode. Any help on getting rid of it would be really appreciated, as I loved the CRT curved shader!

I have a request. Would it be possible to add curvature to the CRT/PVM shaders similar to that of CRT-:Lottes? the curve looks great with tv-like overlays.

EDIT: Nevermind! Turns out there is an option to do this in the shader itself.

1 Like

It is just what I was looking for and could not find in the official repo. I don’t know how to thank the effort. It is, simply, amazing. Congratulations.