Analog Shader Pack version 3 is HERE!

My four choices are based on my level of respect (Well deserved I believe.) not fear. :wink:

The other three are @HyperspaceMadness, @guest.r, and @hunterk.

4 Likes

Thanks, but I’m not on the same level as those guys. It’s nice to be appreciated though.

5 Likes

Yeah I’m sure the deconvergence is having an effect, but Duimon is correct that the newpixie-clone preset uses the fake scanlines, so what this does is you get a higher res image generated by ScaleFX, then the “scanlines” are added on top, really an alternating darkening pattern.

Especially with the rolling scanlines they slide up the screen and you really see the high resolution smoothed image through that. So you definitely do get an effect of “bleeding” of the image over the scanlines. The rolling scanlines are a purely artistic treatment and not really related to what a real CRT does at all.

One thing which is interesting which can be done with ScaleFX and the Mega Bezel chain, is you can get an increased resolution on the horizontal without changing the vertical sampling, so you can get the actual scanline dynamics, a couple presets you can try are:

• Smoothed-ScaleFX_Horz_Only__

• This increases the sampling horizontally but leaves vertical the same, so the same number of vertical scanlines
  • Smoothed-ScaleFX_Antialias__

• This adds a very slight blur sideways but keeps the sampling the same as normal
    • Because the slight blur was done after the scalefx but the resolution sampling is kept at core res so the effect is of a slight anti-aliasing on edges
4 Likes

@solid12345 Please make a version 4 with .slangp format. I couldn’t make your .cgp shaders work on my laptop (I tried gl and d3d10 drivers since d3d9 didn’t work).

4 Likes