Analog Shader Pack version 3 is HERE!

If the shader is using CRT Geom, you can adjust the radius setting to fine-tune the curve.

The lower the number, the bigger the curve. I personally find the sweet spot to be 1.30

…but I’m also a blasphemous heretic who is using custom CRT shading on a 16:9 STRETCHED image and mixing scanlines with HD filters.

#blackmagic lol

Hi guys ! I’m attempting to port these awesome shaders to GLSL, using the cg2glsl Python script so that I can enjoy them on OSX (Sierra). While most of them were ported, a few couldn’t and I was wondering why. More specifically the ones found in the blur folder, the 12x12 ones. This is the error that I’m getting

/Users/christian/temp/cg/blur12x12shared.cg(57) : error C0000: syntax error, unexpected identifier, expecting "::" at token "out_vertex"
/Users/christian/temp/cg/blur12x12shared.cg(67) : error C0000: syntax error, unexpected reserved word "return" at token "return"

thanks!

I think the blur12x12 might be the shader that’s broken on AMD cards, so it might be malformed. The cg2glsl script isn’t exactly amazing, but there’s no converter for slang Vulkan shaders, since all of them are being ported manually (and then possibly converted back to normal GLSL sometime in the future). There’s also the parameters issue, and I’m unsure whether it’s been fixed or not. From what I can tell, cg2glsl isn’t being updated (due to Cg being dead), so this isn’t actually going to be fixed unless there’s something you’ve missed.

You might wanna check if blur12x12 is in the default GLSL shader package. If so, you might be able to drop it in rather than convert it yourself.

That said, if you do accomplish it, it might be a good way for AMD users to use these shaders more effectively. Since the shader parameters would be the same, solid (or whoever else) would only have to change the presets to use GLSL rather than Cg. Let us know if you manage to get things working!

Hey all

Sorry again, still haven’t gotten around to color/darkness correcting, however good news is I picked up a modded PS3 this week, loaded retroarch on it and am in heaven. However I am disappointed alot of .cg shaders don’t work on it! That being said this may be my next project is to whip up a decent pack with what I can work with on that system and isn’t too taxing on the GPU.

However in my discoveries working with the PS3, I may have found some shader substitutes for the “broken” blurs, I found some REALLY old blur files in my archives which I think are old mudlord variations and they incidentally worked on the PS3. That being said I swapped them into one of my settings real quick and got a visually similiar look on the PC, would anyone who hasn’t had any luck running this pack try this setting out to see if it works for you? If I get positive results I may convert everything over while I do the color correction so this may open up the pack to more people who are left out.

https://mega.nz/#!NF0nXC5a!XNF4q-sfr14O9bxu8oyP6A7WWmXZ4h0zqwwTXxLv390

LOL the only legendary CRT i’d be willing to move up my apartment stairs and find precious desk space for is the Sony FW900 :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Solid ! This is just what I needed on OSX, since I was getting troubles loading the Cg shaders, and my attempt to port them over to GLSL failed, as some blurs, more specifically the blur12x12shared.cg failed to be ported by the Python script. I’m gonna give this this a test for sure ! thanks again !

[I][B]Hello!, There is an updated version of crt-pi or has not changed?

Thank you![/B][/I]

Hi Solid,

I’ve been trying the shader pack, and when loading the “Jittery semi-sharp” shader, I’ve got this issue

RetroArch [WARN] :: [CGP/GLSLP]: Parameter CRT_TV_BLUE_TINT is set in the preset, but no shader uses this parameter, ignoring. RetroArch [INFO] :: Loading Cg shader: “/Users/christian/Games/EMUS/test setting/Televisions/curved/Jittery semi-sharp/…\shaders_cg\Analog Shader Pack\COMPONENT\linearize.cg”. RetroArch [ERROR] :: CG error: The file could not be read. RetroArch [ERROR] :: Failed to load shaders … RetroArch [INFO] :: CG: Destroying programs. RetroArch [INFO] :: [Cg]: Vertex profile: vp40 RetroArch [INFO] :: [Cg]: Fragment profile: fp40 RetroArch [INFO] :: Loading stock Cg file. RetroArch [INFO] :: CG: Found semantic “POSITION” in prog #24. RetroArch [INFO] :: CG: Found semantic “COLOR” in prog #24. RetroArch [INFO] :: CG: Found semantic “TEXCOORD0” in prog #24. RetroArch [INFO] :: CG: Found semantic “POSITION” in prog #23. RetroArch [INFO] :: CG: Found semantic “COLOR” in prog #23. RetroArch [INFO] :: CG: Found semantic “TEXCOORD0” in prog #23. RetroArch [WARN] :: [GL]: Failed to set multipass shader. Falling back to stock.

I’m inclined to think that the CG toolkit on macOSX is not as good as in Windows, because that same linearize.cg shader is the one that fails when I tried to load any other shader in the pack’s current version.

[QUOTE=christ776;50214]

I’m inclined to think that the CG toolkit on macOSX is not as good as in Windows, because that same linearize.cg shader is the one that fails when I tried to load any other shader in the pack’s current version.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, potentially solve one problem, another one still lingers. Anyone on a PC with an ATI card willing to test?

Hi Solid, I was wondering, what might be causing the fail to load on OSX, being the following contents , do you have a suggestion to try and make it load?

#pragma parameter GAMMA_INPUT “Gamma Input” 2.4 0.1 5.0 0.01

#ifdef PARAMETER_UNIFORM uniform float GAMMA_INPUT; #else #define GAMMA_INPUT 2.4 #endif

void main_vertex ( float4 position : POSITION, out float4 oPosition : POSITION, uniform float4x4 modelViewProj,

float2 tex : TEXCOORD,
out float2 oTex : TEXCOORD

) { oPosition = mul(modelViewProj, position); oTex = tex; }

float4 main_fragment(uniform sampler2D tex : TEXUNIT0, float2 coords : TEXCOORD0) : COLOR { return pow(tex2D(tex, coords), GAMMA_INPUT); }

Adding to that, I’ve tried compiling using the command line cgc , and it seems everything is fine

christian@Christians-MacBook-Pro:~/Games/EMUS/Analog Shader Pack version 3/shaders_cg/Analog Shader Pack/COMPONENT$ cgc linearize.cg -entry main_vertex linearize.cg 26 lines, 0 errors. vs_1_1 // cgc version 3.1.0013, build date Apr 18 2012 // command line args: // source file: linearize.cg //vendor NVIDIA Corporation //version 3.1.0.13 //profile vs_1_1 //program main_vertex //semantic main_vertex.modelViewProj //var float4 position : $vin.POSITION0 : ATTR0 : 0 : 1 //var float4 oPosition : $vout.POSITION : HPOS : 1 : 1 //var float4x4 modelViewProj : : c[0], 4 : 2 : 1 //var float2 tex : $vin.TEXCOORD0 : ATTR7 : 3 : 1 //var float2 oTex : $vout.TEXCOORD0 : TEX0 : 4 : 1 mov oT0.xy, v7 dp4 oPos.w, v0, c3 dp4 oPos.z, v0, c2 dp4 oPos.y, v0, c1 dp4 oPos.x, v0, c0

Adding to my previous post, I’ve tried running the cgc command with the main_fragment , and here’s what I’ve got

cgc linearize.cg -entry main_fragment linearize.cg linearize.cg(25) : error C3004: function “float4 tex2D(sampler2D, float2);” not supported in this profile 26 lines, 1 errors.

Hey Solid, loving the new v3 shaders.

Been trying to find a good compromise in the arcade/horizontal folder, loving the 80’s bloom one but would love just a bit more sharper image. One thing I am seeing, and perhaps this is a bug, all the Horizontal shaders in the Arcade/Horizontal have vertical scanlines, even when enabling them in shaders where the scanlines are off. There are also vertical scanline settings in this horizontal folder. Any chance you could have a quick look for me ? See if these a just some bugs you missed, or perhaps I’m doing something/missing something wrong.

Cheers,

Hello. I have an AMD GPU and I’m on PC. I just tested all the shaders in the test_settings archive you put on a bit higher in this thread. Here is the result on Castlevania : Symphony of the Night :

Curved : Blurry TV : Does not load, Blur12x12shared.cg returns an error while compiling Boob Tube : Seems to be working. Completely destroys my HD 7950 in term of framerate. Classic Scanlines : Works. Flea Market : Same as Blurry TV, blur12x12shared returns an error while compiling Fuzzy TV : Works. Gritty and contrasty : Same as Flea Market and Blurry TV. Halation Soft : Same problem HQ Curved : Same HQ Semiflat : Works ! HQ Semiflat variants : Same problems as the other non-working shaders, except it’s blur10x10shared.cg Jittery Semi-sharp : Works. Sandpaper : blur12x12shared problems. Slotmask Sharp : blur10x10 problem Slotmask Soft : blur12x12 Soft and Grainy : blur10x10

Flat Screen : EDTV : Working HDTV : Working Pencil Sharp TV : Working Projection TV : Blur12x12shared error Sharp Flat Screen : Working Standard Flat Screen : Working Trinitron : Working Ultrasharp Flat Screen : Working Wega : Working

Vintage : Electric Blue : Working Old & Muddy : Working Technicolor : Working The Atari : Blur12x12shared problems The Zenith : Working. Ultra Saturated : Working Vintage LCD TV : Working Vintage Sharp : Blur10x10shared problems Vintage LE37 edition : Works.

If you need a guinea pig to test other things, don’t hesitate to ask.

1 Like

Being a huge fan of CRT-Royale Kurozumi Edition and using it in every NES, SNES, Genesis, Master System, Mame etc. system, I must say I tried the “Wega” TV RGB preset in the Analog Shader Pack and I love it !! I think it looks even better than CRT Royale kurozumi, colors are warmer, brighter, in other words : I adopted it ! Congrats for your work !

[QUOTE=HDG;50899]Hello. I have an AMD GPU and I’m on PC. I just tested all the shaders in the test_settings archive you put on a bit higher in this thread. Here is the result on Castlevania : Symphony of the Night :

Curved : Blurry TV : Does not load, Blur12x12shared.cg returns an error while compiling Boob Tube : Seems to be working. Completely destroys my HD 7950 in term of framerate. Classic Scanlines : Works. Flea Market : Same as Blurry TV, blur12x12shared returns an error while compiling Fuzzy TV : Works. Gritty and contrasty : Same as Flea Market and Blurry TV. Halation Soft : Same problem HQ Curved : Same HQ Semiflat : Works ! HQ Semiflat variants : Same problems as the other non-working shaders, except it’s blur10x10shared.cg Jittery Semi-sharp : Works. Sandpaper : blur12x12shared problems. Slotmask Sharp : blur10x10 problem Slotmask Soft : blur12x12 Soft and Grainy : blur10x10

Flat Screen : EDTV : Working HDTV : Working Pencil Sharp TV : Working Projection TV : Blur12x12shared error Sharp Flat Screen : Working Standard Flat Screen : Working Trinitron : Working Ultrasharp Flat Screen : Working Wega : Working

Vintage : Electric Blue : Working Old & Muddy : Working Technicolor : Working The Atari : Blur12x12shared problems The Zenith : Working. Ultra Saturated : Working Vintage LCD TV : Working Vintage Sharp : Blur10x10shared problems Vintage LE37 edition : Works.

If you need a guinea pig to test other things, don’t hesitate to ask.[/QUOTE]

All that’s kind of odd, because the test setting zip I got only contains the Jittery Semi-Sharp. I think you might’ve mixed up archives…

Or maybe not, because I tried the Jittery Semi-Sharp in the original pack and it broke at the blur shaders, as it always has for my AMD card. Very strange. In any case, Solid, I think your ancient blur shaders work on AMD cards, so a conversion to those shaders and some 240p Suite-driven color correction should work just fine for, say, a 3.5 release?

The next full version should probably wait for Vulkan/GLSL shader support to be mature, though. And sorry for the delay - medical circumstances make it hard for me to keep up at times.

[QUOTE=Queen Fiona;50908]All that’s kind of odd, because the test setting zip I got only contains the Jittery Semi-Sharp. I think you might’ve mixed up archives… [/QUOTE]

Stange, I used this one : https://mega.nz/#!NF0nXC5a!XNF4q-sfr14O9bxu8oyP6A7WWmXZ4h0zqwwTXxLv390 that is on the last page :slight_smile:

I too, just have “Jittery semi-sharp” in Televisions.

Yes, I just rechecked and it seems I had a brain fart, I probably had the official and the test version archives opened at the same time in 7-Zip, sorry.

hello !!! what are the minimum requirements of the video card to use these shaders?

thank you!

I also have an AMD card (R9 390x) and the jittery sharp thing worked beautifully. Would love to get this functionality with the rest of the beautiful shaders in the pack.

Is there any plan to porting these shaders to Vulkan ?

1 Like