Android Nightly discussion thread

Edit: Same mess-up as last time,I am on the GIT version. Still confused from the corrupt error rather than a signature mismatch error,but my problem was the same stupid one where I am on the GIT build and can’t install stable versions over it.

Edit 2: I just installed the 1.4.1 GIT from “2017-2-3” and touch still fails to work on Shield TV Pro (2015) within Retropad onscreen buttons despite the claim of fixing support for it. :frowning2: Why is RetroArch so unfair when it comes to wanting features to start working properly instead of staying non-functional? I would say its Android’s/Google’s fault for ditching the old touch method to begin with.

What happened to Mame 0.139 core “Mame 2010” on Android? Using latest nightly it seems to be gone. I used the online core updater to try and find it.

What is the “staging” builds in the nighties? What’s it different from the normal builds?

They are specifically for one person that has a prototype device. I asked the same thing yesterday

Thanks man! I installed the normal version.

Mupen64 cores fail to load except for the ParaLELI version. Everything else works fine. On the Google Play version, none of the N64 cores work. N64 cores are always the ones that have issues it seems. Galaxy tab 4.4.2

Try editing the core settings text by deleting all of the N64 core options so it reverts to defaults,that usually fixes the N64 cores for me.

Also,this topic took ages to load thanks to the inferior page-less design making it load ALL 400+ comments. If that part can be customized for taking the last ten or so latest comments as the only part that loads and displays first,then that would help.

I really hate that design choice of not having pages. For example,it’s so much harder to search on Google Play when you don’t have pages and you are forced to re-click the “more…” option to get back to where you left off,sometimes being several clicks to load more again,and even then,it cuts off results short to a very low limit instead of allowing all results to appear. It also made the Play Store site a LOT slower since they changed it,any low-end device (Android or PC) would struggle to navigate its performance hogging re-design. It still even lags a bit on my Shield TV (OTA 5.0.2 Nougat) within a browser when other sites are quite fast.

When I said the cores failed to load, I meant that it legitimately fails to load. Retroarch apparently treats them as non-existent. Whenever I try to load the Mupen64 core, the main menu title still says “(No Core)”. Deleting the core options do nothing, since I could only get ParaLLEI to work, and only shows ParaLLEI options. Do I need to manually download the cores or something, because I’m stumped?

On your other topic though, you can actually jump to any comment you want without loading all 400+ comments. On that blue button indicating comment number, you can press it and another button will show up called “jump to”, and the rest is self-explanatory.

Oh man, now that is a huge inconvenience. Is the N64 that complex or hard to deal with compared to others?

Why don’t you use parallel n64 core? It’s the core you were probably using before the renaming

Well I do use Parallel now since it runs. I didn’t know it was renamed and changed, so thanks for the link.

Hi!

Do the Android builds of PicoDrive and PCSX ReARMed work for someone or are they currently broken?

For some reason GPSP (GBA) and Picodrive cores are crashing for me, PCSX Rearmed is working fine, so does all others I tried with the latest nighly.

Somebody knows how to get sound on latest builds? no matter what I have mute sound on everything I use including nvidia shield and gpd q9

EDIT; NVM new sound driver needed to be changed on options thanks

Hi, I know this isn’t the right place, but there does not seem to be any way for me to post a new topic in this forum.

I installed RetroArch on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Active Android phone. The interface is unusable. The text is far too large for the screen and hilariously the only way to interact with numeric settings is to increment them by tapping. The app freezing if I go to Help > Menu Controls has also been a source of grim amusement.

I used GameBoid on an older phone and it was great, but it has interface issues on the new phone due to a higher resolution than the app seems to have anticipated and due to the settings icon being inaccessible. I was directed here from the SourceForge page where I was checking for any newer releases. I just want to play GBA games on my phone.

Ok, I recommend going to settings > onscreen display > hide overlay in menu OFF and then go to settings > driver > menu XMB.

That should make the menu easier to navigate using the touchscreen gamepad controls.

Ok, I recommend going to settings > onscreen display > hide overlay in menu OFF and then go to settings > driver > menu XMB.

The first step placed a stretched button overlay on top of the interface. Dragging and tapping were disabled. I could scroll menus up and down with the d-pad, and I think I managed to exit the settings and go to the home menu by tapping “A”. I was not otherwise able to interact with the menu. I restarted the app and tried changing the menu driver to XMB and there was no apparent effect. I also tried the other option, rgui, but this had no effect either.

The menu change won’t take effect until you restart the application.

You got a screenshot.

I have a S7…works ok for me

The menu change won’t take effect until you restart the application.

I did try restarting the application. The setting as shown in the config menu persisted but there was no apparent different in functionality.

You got a screenshot.

I have a S7…works ok for me

All of the text is like this, making it very difficult to navigate. Many UI elements in the settings menu are not possible to interact with except for incrementing the displayed number by 1 or 0.01.