Android Nightly discussion thread

I am on RetroArch 1.6 on an Amazon FireStick (Android). What is the easiest way to upgrade to the latest Nightly version without losing all my stuff? (Cores, Content, Input and video settings, Icons, ect)

if you can use adb from a PC, the easiest way is to download a nightly and then adb install -r.

If not, you can try our FDroid repo, which feeds up nightlies.

Interesting. How would I go about doing either of these methods? lol

1 Like

for FDroid, you would install the FDroid app and then add this repo to the appā€™s sources: buildbot.libretro.com/fdroid/repo

1 Like

Iā€™m trying to change the location of savestate_directory and savefile_directory in retroarch.cfg from

savefile_directory = ā€œ/data/data/com.retroarch/savesā€ savestate_directory = ā€œ/data/data/com.retroarch/statesā€

to

savefile_directory = ā€œdefaultā€ savestate_directory = ā€œdefaultā€

So that .state and.srm files are saved in the same directory as roms. This works before I start RetroArch, but when I close and relaunch, the values are changed back to the original. Iā€™ve even tried creating my own custom cfg file with the values I want (at the top of the file, for easy location) but, again, when I load this file in, the values are instantly overwritten with the original ones.

Whatā€™s doing this and how can I prevent it?

Iā€™ve tested several of the nightly builds over last few days. They all have the same problem with menus. For example on the driver menu I can only change input driver. No matter what menu item I touch the input driver is always affected.

There are other menus broken the same way: only the first menu item works.

Strange my S7 looks notbing like that, all text is fine (cant seem to add a screenshot to post on the phone). Never had an issue with the screen layout.

Yes the incremental settings are a little pita but not a major concern

Iā€™m having a different issue with my s7. Save states donā€™t work. Itā€™ll say ā€œsaving stateā€ in the corner but stays at 0%. Also, bsnes (Regular and mercury) crashes.

I just have a quick question. are the cores in the armv8a release of Retroarch the exact same as in the armv7 release version? would there be any compatibility differences or is it just enhancement of the performance of the retroarch gui?

I NEED HELP :frowning: I have Retroarch on ANDROID TV BOX I have roms that were working on my RETROPIE but they do not work on any of the mame versions ?? WHY ?? it hanges and needs a rebootā€¦ If I get one game working I cant use credit keys ?? HOW DO I CONFIGURE !!!

MAME requires having exactly the right ROMs for the version of the core/program youā€™re trying to use. With RetroPie, were you using the libretro cores or standalone MAMEs?

Other than that, weā€™d need a log to guess whatā€™s going wrong.

Thanks for the quick response with the Retropie I have all roms in the Mame4All ā€¦ I am trying to put them on my android box and they do not seem to workā€¦ From what I remember mame4all was based on 0.37 but I think this may be wrong as I choose the Mame 2000 core on android retroarch and it does not work :frowning:

If you can try them using the lr-mame2000 core in retropie, that should act the same as the libretro core in Android.

1 Like

Thanks Hunterk,

I tried it no goodā€¦ I just downloaded a reference set of 37B5 and Mame 2003 and FBA see how things go I might have a fauly retroarch core who know I have restalled it 3 times no like justa blue screen with a light green box and it hangs :frowning:

But an updateā€¦ I installed Mame4droid and it works with the same romset on about 60% of the games some that done work state that missing rom or CHD file. but I got a complete setā€¦ will keep persisting !

Hey guys, having issues with NES roms on RetroArch. Iā€™m running RetroArch on a new Android Tv box, the A95X. Iā€™m not having any problems with SNES, SEGA or N64 roms, they all work perfectly.

On the other hand, all my NES roms load fine. Iā€™m able to toggle through all the initial menus. However, a split second before actual game play is about to start, RetroArch crashes and closes. Iā€™m guessing itā€™s some kind of settings issue, possibly resolution. Any suggestions? Keep in mind my computer knowledge is close to non-existent.

New guy here. What are nightly builds exactly?

Retroarch is working wonders in my Android phone (which I hook to the TV), but is there any reason why gpSP core isnā€™t working? I download the core, it has its info files under data/data/com.retroarch/info, I checked directories config, etc., but loading this core doesnā€™t do anything. Itā€™s like Retroarch is loading an empty file.

Hello,

I donā€™t know if this is the right place for my Question so please donā€™t kill me.

In your latest nightlies the Menu Combo for the Quick Menu is not working (for Example Start + Select).

In the latest Stable it is working but I had an Issue with the Start Button (not working) in the Core PCSX Rearmed. This is working with the Nightlies but now the Quick Menu is not reachable.

I am using a Nvidia Shield.

Thank you!

Do you need the nightly to play music on android?

the same with meā€¦ You can not configure anything in the games. Is there already an update for it?