Android TV Boxes

I purchased an M8 s802 device that just seems to not work (a very old version openelec works, and the original Android OS works, and I can get it to boot TWRP, but lakka or any other libreelec image I find doesn’t work).

Instead of continuing to waste time with the s802 box, I’d much rather get something that is newer/faster and is better supported. I was looking at the s905 image, but I see many variations of the s905X chip in many boxes as seen on Amazon and eBay.

Which s905 chip “just works”?

I’m looking for anything that comes with a manufactured enclosure (just like all the little Android TV boxes), and can pair to a sixaxis controller.

I plan on “gifting” this little box to my brother, which is why I preferred the device comes with a manufactured enclosure.

1 Like

While you are at openelec version place the correct lakka image in update folder and reboot

Which image do i need?

Lakka-S8X2.M8.arm-2.1-rc6.img.gz or Lakka-S8X2.M8.arm-2.1-rc6.tar?

From openelec to lakka you need the .tar image

Στις 21 Νοε 2017 20:56, ο χρήστης “NA” [email protected] έγραψε:

TheWendigo http://forums.libretro.com/u/thewendigo November 21

Which image do i need?

Lakka-S8X2.M8.arm-2.1-rc6.img.gz or Lakka-S8X2.M8.arm-2.1-rc6.tar?

I tried the new 2.1 version on my S905X box (sunvell t95x 1GB). Although the image works (using p212_1GB dtb) i’m quite bad UI lag at times. Is this a known issue ?

I’ve also noticed that when i pause the game, it’s contents are transparently seen in the menu. Pretty annoying.