Arcade Overlays

I have one here that I took of my own PVM but it’s nothing to get excited about: https://github.com/libretro/slang-shaders/blob/master/border/textures/pvm.png

Hello Jhon I trust your opinion and your skills :slight_smile: Certain that the screen to the universal overlay arcade cabinet immagin there should be a minimum of reflections. I meant to do it as clean as possible without scratching … :slight_smile: for the PVM can be very nice :slight_smile: I think I would do a test …:wink: I think combined with Analog Shader Pack Version 3 would be great … Anyway what is lacking are monitor type vintage Comodorre 64 … I hope you can make the most of the good fortune to have Hardware 80/90 years! you are the best in this and I hope lots more you will create excellent overlay … Appearance novelty and see your new works … :slight_smile: Sorry for my bad English

Thank you!!!

Thank you for explaining this for me. Looking forward to see the results:)

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Here is a simple Arcade Generic Horizontal 4:3 monitor overlay. There are 2 versions, one with minimal reflection glass, and one without. I have tried to mimic a simple arcade monitor, mounted in a wooden cabinet, and with a dark wood background.

1 Like

Thank you, you’re my hero!, Very nice

I hope you will do even somthing vertical and like the pictures I had sent you, I just can not try to do something with a friend who uses photoshop, it would be nice to adapt new overlay for Analog Shader Pack version 3, maybe calling them by the same name of shader :slight_smile: Also expect new full screen 1080p TV, dream of seeing even the PVM … :slight_smile:

Thanks Jhon your works are unique!

These look great John!

John

Would it be possible to make a new Old Tv Overlay with minimal reflection glass like the one above?

Here is a Retro TV for use with the Analogue Shaders Pack V3. I have kept a retro β€œwood” look throughout the overlay, to keep it simple and retro.

dang, that’s great.

Great John! Tested on the Megadrive but the image is bigger, comes out of the TV, how do I resize the image as your photos? Thank you!

Add these lines to your Sega Megadrive cfg

current_resolution_id = β€œ0” custom_viewport_width = β€œ1080” custom_viewport_height = β€œ820” custom_viewport_x = β€œ264” custom_viewport_y = β€œ142”

When running Retroarch, play around with those settings to get desired result. I only roughly centered the image. Hunterk, thanks for the comment.

Quick note. The Horizontal res of 1080 should have a height of 810, not 820, when trying for 4:3 resolution. I just used the extra 10 pixels to fill the virtual screen.

Here is another Retro TV v2, the Emerson.

This one can be used with full 100% opacity.

Use these lines to make sure the image is centre on the virtual TV

current_resolution_id = β€œ0” custom_viewport_width = β€œ1200” custom_viewport_height = β€œ872” custom_viewport_x = β€œ204” custom_viewport_y = β€œ106”

Here is v1 with FULL 100% opacity.

1 Like

[I][B]Jhon Fantastic !!!

Can you create a generic overlay for vertical games similar to the generic horizontal cabinet overlay ???

And also a monitor to fit the shader 80s Super Bloom because the screen is tilted and RETRO TV can not be adapted.

Thank you![/B][/I]

A vertical overlay is on my to do list. And No, I will not do a monitor to fit your 80’s whatever. Not interested, no time.

John excuse my bad English, I mean on a screen inclined shaders for example what I told you … What other ideas do you have in mind?

Thank you John these look so authentic! Would you mind revisit this Overlay

and give it the same treatment as the ones you just posted?

Sorry I’m sold on that tv lol

Fantastic work John, it’s so life-like.

Ok, here is the vertical version using as much screen space as possible - 1080x810.

To center the image use the following in your MAME cfg.

custom_viewport_width = β€œ810” custom_viewport_height = β€œ1080” custom_viewport_x = β€œ556” custom_viewport_y = β€œ0”

>>>Fantastic work John, it’s so life-like.

Thanks to your wonderful shaders, they truly look awesome.

>>>Would you mind revisit this Overlay

I think the problem isn’t the reflection, it’s the fact that I forgot about the opacity levels and it’s at 100%. Will have a look later.

1 Like

Thank you john for looking in on it. I’m a sucker for old tv’s. The settings you posted are they specifically for the Sega Megadrive/Genesis?

1 Like