Background music on RPI 3

With the raspberry pi’s becoming much more powerful, will we ever be able to have a music menu where we can game while playing games? Also I see that some of the allwinner chips are being supported. Does this mean that the Pine64 image may be coming?

I don’t think it’s really possible due to the way RetroArch works. Everything is a core, and a music player would be no different, but you can only have one core active at a time.

This has changed correct? Can’t you stream .wav or .ogg music in back ground while you play?

yes! I haven’t messed with it much, but you can indeed mix in other music now.

1 Like

How does this work? When I play music via the music menu, the screen changes to a static visualizer for the music.

I want the music to play in the background (Ideally, even over the in-game music). Is this possible?

@jkms After your game is running, you go into the menu and select load content, then browse to a wav/ogg/mod/s3m/xm file. It should give you the option to “add to mixer”. As soon as you do that, the music will start playing in-game.

Too cool! I can’t wait to go home and try this.

Thanks!

Strange. I tried this the way you said, but I got the same behavior. I’m running Lakka 2.1RC4, which I thought was based on RetroArch 1.6, but I guess not.

Oh well, soon I hope.