Best CRT shader to use with integer scale off

For now I gave up with integer scale since I use a 1080p monitor and there are many variations of resolutions in some cores, resulting in bad scanlines. I tried some overlay scanlines and I found them surprisingly good with other shaders. So I’m wondering if there are a good CRT shader that works with integer scale turned off.

I use CRT-Royale Kurozumi edition and have zero issues, although mind you I am using a 16:10 monitor. For 16:9 monitors it might be different.

Take a look here: Crt-Royale Kurozumi Edition Help

My GPU can’t handle CRT-Royale Kurozumi besides, I don’t see anything special on that shader to be so heavy, for my eyes it’s just an ordinary scanline shader…

Crt-easymode is probably the least affected by non-integer scale. I think crt-hyllian is pretty decent at it, as well. Crt-geom is okay at it, too.

1 Like

CRT-Easymode-Halation. I only really notice uneven scanlines with that shader in certain solid colors like the blue sky in Green Hill Zone.

1 Like

That’s the problem, I don’t want uneven scanlines at all :smiley: Once you spot them you can’t pretend you haven’t. I think that for now I’ll stick with aperture grill overlay combined with shaders.

Crt-Geom with USEGAUSSIAN ON & OVERSAMPLE OFF.

(and dotmask Off is better too)

Well if we are talking about CRT shader alone pretty much all of them are working correctly with “Integer Scale On/Off”. But if you try to combine them with some other shaders they all will crew up.

For instance any Anti-Aliasing shader + CRT-Lottes/Hyllian combination never looks identical.

CRT-Lottes comparison Integer Scale ON | OFF

crt cgwg looks the most like what a typical crt tv would look like imo.

It’s special because it’s the most realistic CRT shader I’ve ever seen in like 18 years of using emulators and filters/shaders. It’s not just lines going across the screen.

Do you recommend using the “Crt-geom-deluxe” shader for 1080p | 4: 3 | Integer Scale Off? If so, should I disable masks or other things?

1 Like

I’m looking for a CRT shader with curvature that works well at 1080p with integer scale off. I trying “Easymode” but this one did not convince me. I like “crt-aperture” but it has no curvature. ¿Is there way to add curvature to “CRT-aperture” shader? ¿maybe manually?

I saw that some people recommend the “crt-guest-dr-venom” shader for 1080p no integer scale. What settings should I make in case of using this shader? Should I change the mask? what parameters should i change?

I’m testing the “crt-guest-dr-venom” shader with the “integer scale off” , with “curvature activated” and “mask type 3” Here a screenshot:

Can curvature ruin the mask?

2 Likes

This one New CRT shader from Guest + CRT Guest Dr. Venom updates

2 Likes