Building Presets for the Mega Bezel

You can thank the mighty shader wizard @HyperspaceMadness for the solution. There were all sorts of random instances before he magicked up that parameter. (Way back when. :wink:)

You can also thank him for the 99% transparent black solution.

2 Likes

Is it possible to add multiple decals, or is this done via the extra/top layer. I am thinking about adding a stabalizer wire to a Trinitron Iā€™m working on. What is the correct config term for the extra/top layer so the shader knows the source image?

2 Likes

The top image is named TopLayerImage

If you are ever wondering what the names of the layer images should be, take a look at the base preset you are using, at the end of the file all the images are listed.

Along with the decal image there is a cab glass image and the top image as you mentioned.

3 Likes

Is there a way to set the bezel to be at 16:9 but display the content within it at 4:3 (recreating the look of a widescreen displaying 4:3 content with black bars?)

1 Like

You can use the ā€œBlack Edge Thickness X Scaleā€ parameter.

It tops out at 3000 but after you save your simple preset you can manually edit in a larger number.

1 Like

You can also directly set the tube aspect with these parameters

You would set it to explicit then change the explicit value to 1.777

1 Like

Thanks. Iā€™m closer to what Iā€™m after. Is there a way to correct the reflections?
(They shouldnā€™t be on the sides, or the the top/bottom 3rd where the black bars are for the 4:3 content)

1 Like

Hmm, Iā€™m not sure if we have a good way to do this at the moment. One way would be to scale the reflection, but I think right now I think we can only scale it in both x and y at once. I think we would need to add in a separate x scale parameter for this. This would be pretty easy and I can add it in for the nect version.

The reason this doesnā€™t happen automatically is that the game image going through the pipeline doesnā€™t have this empty space

2 Likes