Calling all CRT owners: photos please!

Unfortunately the red phosphors themselves had a slight orangeish tint :frowning:

1 Like

Are you absolutely sure? You havent got your photos mixed up? The phosphors vs the pixelated phosphors are quite different shapes. Ill try and grab what I mean.

I really cant believe these are from the same display.

3 Likes

It’s my time! Got these from a new Consumer TV Sony Trinitron 21FS140 using component cables:

9 Likes

Beautiful display - its very similar to my 2730 PVMs which isnt suprising really as sure theyre basically the same thing. I couldnt be cheeky: have you got a more in focus version of the he castlevania shot - itd be great to be able to create a replica preset of it with a side by side comparison photo.

2 Likes

Yeah, It’s very new. I verified in service menu and it has less than 300 hundred hours (Power On Time parameter) of usage. It was in original box for at least 15 years and got auctioned in 2020 only. I’m the second owner. I intend to take more shots, but firstly I need to adjust my phone.

I’ve used your sugestions in the first post, but I think 5000 WB just doesn’t get the colors on screen. If I increase to 6500 it’s more similar to what I’m seeing. No idea why.

Do you reduce brightness and contrast to a minimum or use your setup for gaming? I think reducing brightness and contrast is easier to get a good picture of the phosphors.

EDIT: OK, here are some more:

A better shot here:

9 Likes

Indeed, my bad! :innocent:

3 Likes

isn’t richhter looking pretty good?, compaq s7500 shadow mask, 1920 x 240 over at retroarch, beetle psx hw with tv out tweaks shaders for ntsc phase 2 and interlace effect,

4 Likes

Indeed what? That you got your pics mixed up?

You want me to say it clearly, I’m beating myself up over it.!

:slight_smile:

Yes, it was a pic from my mva lcd running a shader.

3 Likes

https://imgur.com/a/rljbvMg nes ntsc phase 3

2 Likes

Really great pics!!! What signal are you putting in? Is this a standard SNES (if so what connection?) or a Mister etc?

2 Likes

Fantastic photos - shadow masks are kind of the only hold out for us not being able to that accurately simulate - we’re either too fine or too coarse but I suppose that depends on the resolution of the TV. You havent got any images more in focus than these?

1 Like

Your cameras ISO settings should reduce the brightness - Id leave you tv alone unless its ridiculously bright. ISO 100 on your camera is what Id use.

1 Like

Wii through component cables running emulators in 240p.

2 Likes

sorry my camera isn’t that good either, and the camera doesn’t let met output 5000 WB it has to be around 5400 and 6k

1 Like

No worries - thanks for posting! Not sure if its your mobile phones camera but if it is then maybe a camera app can help. They can unlock these features like ISO etc if not already available but then they may cost something so not to worry. Also setting your phone on something solid might help rather than holding it.

2 Likes

You might want to check this out: https://archive.org/details/crt-scr-v-0.1

I’m currently preparing a long overdue update with many more machines/photos included.

5 Likes

Wow, 600 photos, nice catch!

I find this sexy, so I really need to take a break, i guess.

Phosphors seem to fight for a spot, instead of just blending, why?

5 Likes

Wow!!! So much great stuff in there, I like this one of blade runner on a PC monitor

Blade Runner (Win)(SVGA)(Samsung 793DF)

5 Likes