Cannot connect wi fi lakka linux mint

Hello, i’m on linux mint 20.2 and i cannot connect wi fi to lakka, on the latter i have both samba and wi fi access point enabled, what else i need to do?

Edit: just followed the instruction on the official documentation but nothing happens, please help?

Are you sure you did enable Samba or SSH services ?

Yes, but no way. Some other ideas?

Edit: i don’t know, but i tryed usin’ the default file manager, “nemo” to access lakka, but mint says that it cannot manage network/// positions. Am i supposed to use any specific tool or what?

You could directly mount your Lakka partition since you are using a Linux distro. Since I have a raspberry Pi 4 unit I just mount mines with a 3.1 USB SD card reader. For folders that are locked you can open up your folder/files as root user by right clicking and selecting the option.

There are more Raspberry pi Lakka tutorials here in this link

thanks, i managed to do that but don’t want pull the SD off the rasoi and put into pc every time, that’s extremely annoyng :frowning:

there is no wi fi solution, ever?

sorry, “rasoi” stood for “raspberry” . So, May e we can use third party utilities, or in the Linux mint repositories are such software?

@userone1 when you connect your Lakka device (in this case your RPi) to a wired/wireless network and you enable SAMBA and SSH services, go to Main menu → Information → Network Information - you should see there the IP address assigned by your (wifi) router (if there is no other IP address besides localhost / 127.0.0.1, it means the wifi connection failed - try to reboot). Afterwards, the “client” computer (from which you want to connect to Lakka via smb/ssh) needs to have the client software installed, i.e. smbclient, openssh, etc. Also probably your file manager needs to have appropriate network protocol extensions available to browse smb:// paths. First try if you can ping the Lakka IP address from your client computer, do a nmap scan to see if you see the ports (139 and 445 for smb, 22 for ssh) as open. If that is the case, you should be able to connect.