Can't get FBA to launch games

I am using an old Dell optiplex 380 that has an integrated graphics card. With it I have been unable to launch any mame or N64 games. As this pc is going in an arcade cabinet N64 is not a worry for me. The games just change to a black screen for a split second then go back to the main retroarch menu. Every once and a while I have seen the “failed to load content” message but it does not happen all the time. I have tried changing the video drivers to d3d as suggested in another post when running on the desktop version of retroarch and could not get it to work there either. I am now back to using Lakka OS as I would prefer that.

I have been working on this for a few days. I installed Project64 when I booted a copy of windows 7 on this and mame and was able to get everything working right away playing at full speed but still unable to in Lakka. I have not downloaded the mame2003 bios but I have a few neogeo games that should work through FBA without bios from what I read. Any other suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Without a log, we can’t really know much with any certainty, but I would guess it’s a romset mismatch issue. MAME/FBA need very specific ROMs that match the exact version of the program.

I tried a few of the roms I already had. I have the 3.0 version and 7.0 version of narc. Is there anyway I can make sure they are compatible with FBA? Are there any other bios I do need for FBA? Also I have no problem of posting a log if you can point me in the right direction to do so, very new to this. Thank you very much!

The odds of random ROMs on your hard drive working is pretty slim. You pretty much have to look for the correct ones and/or use ClrMamePro to spit out the right ones using DATs.

Thanks for the help! All figured out and up and running with your help.