Can't get passed the Lakka logo

Alright, so I did everything from a tutorial on how to install Lakka, so now my usb flash drive has Lakka installed. So I plug it into the desktop I chose, then I turned my computer on. I pressed f12 to get to the boot menu, then selected usb device, I waited, and all I got, was a blank screen, with a every now and then appearing Lakka logo? :confused: I found a way to get around this. So once I finally found this way of getting around the problem, Instead of waiting, I typed in ā€œInstallerā€ I thought I made it work, wenā€™t through all the options, started downloading Lakka, and it did. But once the computer rebooted, I had the same problem! :confused: I still could not get passed the appearing and disappearing Lakka logoā€¦ I am super confused at this point, can somebody tell me how to fix this? Thanks :wink:

Try to boot with by typing live ssh on the boot prompt and provide some Lakka system and graphic log.

Which version are you using on which platform ?

Thank you.

Thanks for the reply! I just saw this so I havenā€™t tried it yet, but I will :wink: I installed Lakka 2.0 onto a Desktop with windows xp professional. Iā€™ll be trying your suggestion now :slight_smile:

I entered live ssh, but when it rebooted, I was still stuck at the blinking logo.

Oh wait, you also sent me a link, Iā€™ll look at that :slight_smile: Iā€™m only 13 years old, but Iā€™m also a nerd :wink: So donā€™t be surprised if I donā€™t understand anything you are saying lol.

No problem. Do your best young padawan :wink:

Please try to use Lakka 2.1 RC2 to make your test.

It is normal if you get your issue with live ssh but now you can use ssh to get some log.

1 Like

is this for 32 bit desktops? Because the desktop Iā€™m using to ā€œexperimentā€ on is a 32 bit. :wink:

its downloadingā€¦ :slight_smile:

Oh, and while its downloading, what is the highest generation of consoles Lakka can emulate?

I decided to test it anyways, and it said I need a better CPU, so that confirms that its 32 bit :wink:

Please use this image for i386.

Soon it will be Game Cube/Wii but it is not yet ready. You can check articles for the news.

Nice! Can a 32 bit processor handle Gamecube and Wii?

Iā€™m still stuck at the flashing Lakka logo, maybe its just loading? Iā€™ll keep it on for now and wait :wink:

nvm, its still flashing lol

You should be able to connect by ssh even if you see the logo, so please check if you can connect by ssh and get some log.

You need ā€œdecentā€ CPU to handle Gamecube and Wii not too old.

Thank you.

Iā€™m probably overthinking this, but am I supposed to try typing this into the terminal window of the computer Iā€™m not turning into a Lakka OS? http://www.lakka.tv/doc/Troubleshooting-Lakka/

Introduction to Lakka logs

The information found in Accessing the Lakka Command Line Interface can be very helpful during this process as well. The following procedures assume that the user has logged into Lakka via SSH.

So you need to access by SSH. If you are running Windows please install Putty (or Kitty) as it is written in the documentation.

Thank you.

Iā€™m having the same issue. Iā€™ve tracked it down to a segfault in RetroArch, but I havenā€™t been able to fix it.

$ retroarch -v

https://pastebin.com/wD9NzSSp

$ dmesg

[ 1432.413337] retroarch[854]: segfault at 0 ip 00007f23dfa35676 sp 00007f23e58fd840 error 4 in libLLVM-3.9.so[7f23defe5000+f30000]

You tried with Lakka 2.1 RC3 ?