.cgp shader presets don't load (only glslp)

Hi,

I am new to RetroArch and have a problem:

I want to load shader presets but the .cgp presets don’t work/load. If I pick them no passes are loaded. Everything works fine when loading .glslp.

But some shader collections (“Analog Shaders”) are only .cgp and I want to use them.

I use snes9x next core and the bsnes accuracy core.

Thank you!

I assume you’re using the 1.3.4 release? If so, try updating to a recent nightly from buildbot.libretro.com or switch to another menu driver (RGUI should be fine). There were some shader conflicts with the fancy ribbon background that caused this sort of behavior and have since been fixed.

Thank you!

Yes, it’s the 1.3.4 release; RGUI works and .cgp presets now load/work!

The custom “Analog Shader Collection” [1] still doesn’t work (all presets are .cgp)

I guess updating to a recent nightly would be best. Can I update from within RetroArch?

[1] http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3998

You can’t update from within the program but you can download the latest numbered nightly (this one is for win64: http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/windows/x86_64/2016-06-14_RetroArch.7z) and just drag the executable files (that is, retroarch.exe and retroarch_debug.exe) over to your RetroArch 1.3.4 folder and overwrite the old ones (probably a good idea to back the old ones up somewhere, just in case).

If the shaders still don’t work for you, we’ll need a log, which you can get by shift+right-clicking in your RetroArch folder window and choosing ‘open command window here’ and then typing: retroarch_debug.exe --menu --verbose >> log.txt 2>&1 Copy/paste the contents of that file somewhere online like pastebin/hastebin/pastie.org, etc. and then post a link here so we can see what’s going wrong.

Thanks! Btw.: I discovered RetroArch yesterday, what a wonderful program!

Glad you’re liking it! :slight_smile:

Old thread, I know, but I’m also having this issue with the most recent build of RetroArch (1.6.7 as of this writing); I tried re-downloading the program from the Downloads page on the Libretro website and replacing the .exe files as necessary, but that didn’t change anything. I tried getting a log with the command prompt listed above, but that just opened the debug version of RetroArch without bringing any information up in CMD.

run:

retroarch_debug.exe --menu --verbose --log-file log.txt

Alright, I tried posting that; RetroArch Debug booted up again as usual, but I also saw this pop up in the CMD window:

C:\Users\[username]\Desktop\RetroArch>Capabilities: MMX MMXEXT SSE1 SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE4 SSE4.2 AVX AES
Built: Aug 21 2017
Capabilities: MMX MMXEXT SSE1 SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE4 SSE4.2 AVX AES
Built: Aug 21 2017

For some reason, CMD doesn’t provide a full piece-by-piece log anymore (I’m using Windows 10 by the way, specifically the Pro variant if the branding on my Surface’s AC adapter is any indication), so this is the best I’ve got at the moment.

that command should have created a log file named log.txt in your RetroArch directory. That file should include the log output.

Alright, I’ve found the text file and posted it to Pastebin here.

I’m not seeing any Cg errors or failures in there. Did you try to apply some Cg shaders while logging?

Oh, somehow it didn’t click that I had to do that. I made a new log while in the “Shaders” menu with a game open, specifically while in a folder with nothing but .cgp shaders in it, and edited the Pastebin document accordingly; you can look at the new version via the same link.

If this isn’t what you meant by “apply some cg shaders while logging,” could you clarify what process you mean?

Yeah, still not seeing anything useful in there. I need to see attempts to actually load and apply a shader. Speaking of, is it just presets that don’t work? can you load individual Cg shaders?

That’s actually the problem I’m having: the shaders don’t show up at all when I try to search them out in the menu. Entering the folders where they’re stored brings up a gear icon with the text “No items” next to it, despite the fact that .cgp files are present in the appropriate directories. Upon closer examination, I realize that this issue is probably different from the one that this thread originally discussed and I just happened to misread the original post.