CoinMech project - 4k rendered coin door art

Hadn’t checked this thread for a few days. What an absolute treasure trove. Thanks PapaShine!

2 Likes

Thanks @benlogan, hope it comes in useful!

Alternative Metallic Williams style Coin Door - 4k and 8k Ready

With all the recent house move shenanigans I’ve been doing, I completely forgot to post this alternative Metallic Williams door! built from some ref posted by @ArsInvictus, I’ve seen it on some Defender cabs and in a few other places, not entirely sure what models these were used on, possibly an earlier issue or a pinball door replacement? Very similar in layout to the Zaccaria Doors around the coin mech. Personally I think I prefer the black one with the white logo overall, though i do love the embossed chrome logo on there - it’s another option for your overlays if its needed for authenticity!

Low Light: a soft diffused look:

Download it from my Google Drive HERE

4 Likes

Well, I guess I’ll be doing an update of my old Defender overlay! You’ve got the right perspective in there too. This looks so damn sexy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad you like it @ArsInvictus, would love to see that if you get around to it.

With a little more research I’ve discovered this is definitely the coin door from the original launch of Defender - the black Williams door was used on later releases of it along with Defender 2 (Stargate) and Robotron etc.

2 Likes

I got this great shot of the Midway coin door here from a Space Invaders cabinet at Galloping Ghost:

So did a little more research for some more reference shots of the Midway door:

440_2_0_0 438_3_0_0 439_2_0_0

1 Like

Yeah, I never got round to finishing the renders for that, been a bit hectic at work. And haven’t cleared with it if we can use the render engine.i sent papashine my models and stuff( but was really rough ) so not sure if he had time to look at it.

1 Like

Hey @Briball - yes, been moving house tidying up a few other bits and pieces with @ArsInvictus but I have a model of this that 70% complete, just need to finish it off-your assets were a good reference, decided to rebuild to work with my custom shaders - i’ll try and get this finished soon!

3 Likes

http://vectorlib.free.fr/ http://vectorlib2.free.fr/Arcade_Logos/#Stern

2 Likes

Thanks for these links @Dreamstate - Lots of good assets in there.

1 Like

@ArsInvictus, I’ll make sure to do two versions of this with the different logos, I much prefer the one with the pixel pattern across the metal but it’ll give a more authentic recreation for this cab with the other. Great references!

1 Like