Combine 'curvature' of one shader with 'glow' of another?

Hi chaps,

I’m just finding out all about RetroArch and just how phenomenal it is!! I’ve started to pull together a LaunchBox build, using RA for a LOT of the cores. I’ve also started to dabble with the stunning built in shaders and some beautiful overlays that you guys have kindly created (tips hat).

I’m looking to have a shader (e.g: CRT-geom) that has a built in curvature, but also something that offers ‘glow’ or ‘bloom’ (e.g: CRT-hyllian glow). Is there any way to combine the elements of these two shaders together, or, alternatively, add in the parameters from one to the other so that I can get the best of both worlds? I’m a complete noob with RA, so please bear with me :slight_smile:

REALLY appreciate any help you guys can give -Ras

It depends on how those effects are made. Have you tried crt-interlaced-halation? It’s crt-geom with some glow added.

1 Like

Oooh, I haven’t tried that one, but I will now - thank you!

My criteria for a shader is: curvature to match CRT ‘shape’ in overlay AND glow/bloom to mimic the ‘diffuse’ effect you get from CRT’s of old/glass in front of arcade monitors.

I’ll give the above one a try tonight, cheers matey, but if anyone else can provide any more help, that’d be great

cheers guys