Core and Feature Requests

Holy crap, you’ve been crazy busy.

I was returning to the forums and the GitHub to see if there was any way to emulate Mac68k with RetroArch yet. I’m glad to see it hasn’t been forgotten. Thanks for everything. Please let me know when I can play ShadowKeep and Pathways Into Darkness again!!

Saw this, and it make a nice core: https://github.com/mauiaaron/apple2

CXBX Reloaded Meanwhile the progress is great and compatibility gets better and better

I’m pretty sure that the HLE renderer’s D3D8 requirement is a big no-no.

Would love a Core that could play Neo Geo CD Games

I believe FBA can do it now:

2 Likes

But this renderer will also be exchanged, dx8 is outdated. The lle renderer is interessting nonetheless.

Yes. It works on the Stand Alone Emulator.

As said there that is not in the Core for Retroarch.

NeoRaine is a Good One but I been having Problem with it that Sounds/Music does not Work

https://raine.1emulation.com/download/neoraine.html

No, it was just added to the libretro core via the subsystem loading, I think. That’s what the post I linked is about.

1 Like

Yeah, the LLE renderer is apparently OpenGL 3.3, so that would be more realistic.

Not sure if this is where I post feature requests, but maybe the FBA cores can have a turbo toggle? I know there is a hotkey to hold that and then a button, but there isn’t a comfortable set up I found for that.

I wanted to post here and inquire about the possibility of something like this before I create a bounty thread or anything. Seeing as how Bizhawk has the “Real Time Corrupter” and Bizhawk also functions using libretro cores, I wanted to ask if it would ever be possible to implement something similar to Retroarch?

It’s possible, but I think that’s probably something that’s better left to Bizhawk. That is, I can’t imagine it being easy to use via our gamepad-driven interfaces.

That is true you make a good point!

I love the RTC and I love Retroarch and wish I never had to use any other emulator so I still think it would still be worth it :grin: but I get why it would be difficult and why not everybody would feel the same way. Maybe I’ll still put up a bounty some day in the future but not for a while

I’d like to request the citra standalone option with the citra core. But only the top screen with sbs 3D with the bottom non-3d. It would look like this:

[     ][     ]   |   [     ][     ]
    [     ]      |       [     ]

That way the top screen I can view in 3D with my 3D headset and the bottom screen can go on my touch tablet touch screen.

That request would best be lodged with jselby at the citra-libretro repo, since I don’t think he comes here and is the only one likely to be able to accommodate that:

1 Like

“It’s possible, but I think that’s probably something that’s better left to Bizhawk. That is, I can’t imagine it being easy to use via our gamepad-driven interfaces.”

you need to add --subsystem neocd to the command line

How do I do that again?

And the bios files go in system > fbalpha > right?

For arcade cores, the BIOS typically goes alongside the ROMs, as they treat them like parent ROMs.

4 posts were split to a new topic: NeoCD via FBA

I think adding Cores for Sharp X1 and Phillips CDi would be pretty cool. I mean there are technical ways of playing games without specified cores but not without complex effort. I mean the Zelda CDi games weren’t great but they are sought after and go for a pretty penny online. As for Sharp X1, that long lost third Donkey Kong Game (The Great Counterattack) was found and ripped awhile ago and only playable on X1. I dunno, Retroarch is already so inclusive, it’s hard to make decent suggestions. Great work either way guys <3