Core and Feature Requests

What happened to the supermodel port? : )

Also, +1 to atsumori-neo’s request of using per-game saves on reicast and ToniBC’s regarding Beetle Saturn.

1 Like

It’s still coming. Some things have come up since the announcement, obviously (Twinaphex shouldn’t have given a timeline; that just sets up missed expectations), but he said he’s hoping to tackle it soon.

In the meantime, they’ve done an awful lot of awesome work upstream, so having the renderer more complete from the outset should make things easier in the long-run.

1 Like

Sounds great, thanks hunter! It’s a beautiful emulator and it would be at home in RA.

hunterk, do you know if a Sega Model 2 core was ever discussed, or was never at the table?

AFAIK, as much as everyone would love a port of Nebula, it’s closed source and ElSemi is working for Sega. Someone should start from scratch for a core to happen. It has happened before (Mednafen Saturn was an outstanding surprise), but I’d keep my expectations low on Model 2.

NEVERRRRRR! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Jokes aside, thanks for that bit of info Squalo.

3 Likes

are you planning to release a core for ps2? :smiley:

Hopefully someday, but there’s nothing in the works right now.

I’ve been reading the posts on their forum that detail how they isolated issues with rendering and how they fixed them. It’s been super interesting!

1 Like

A VNC client core would be nice to see. This could have some interesting applications. For example, qemu has VNC support so you could use a vnc core to connect to various qemu executables to play computer games that might not have a core available yet. Or offload some work to other systems and access through retroarch or something like that. Thoughts???

Would it be possible to have retroarch read the monitor color profile?

As a wide gamut monitor owner, i would really appreciate it. I’ve been using reshade but that’s starting to get old.

Thanks for all your hard work :mage:

1 Like

I hope I’m in the correct forum, but willet we ever get a port of “xroar” to retroarch? It’s a dragon/coco emulator for PC.

I have it working alongside Launch box, but the vast majority of my emulators are cores from retroarch. Could someone shed some light as to whether or not this could be ported?

Thanks!

HELP GUYS! I have tried on 3 3DS’s (my 2 and a friends) and keep getting the same error “nothing to display” or on update cores it will say downloading index and just stay on that screen for days until I turn it off. I have put the correct url in the cfg file and cant get anything to work. Its not my internet because retroarch on my PC and switch work perfect. I really need cores but getting cheats would be awesome too. Any help would be awesome!

Analog Trigger Support for Dolphin core would be great

3 Likes

Hi!!

• Is there any chance to add Nuked OPL emulation in Picodrive?
  • Is there any chance to add 32x emulation for Genesis Plus GX only for Windows/Mac/Linux?

Thanks!!

Unfortunately, almost certainly no for both. Picodrive is focused on performance, and Nuked is very demanding.

Eke has said he’s not interested in adding 32x to genplusgx

Any thoughts on CXBX-Reloaded (Xbox Emulator) getting a core? Obviously it’s crazy early for that emulator, but anything to push it more into the scene’s spotlight can only be a good thing for it’s progress. (Open Source, if i’m not mistaken)

Also, Gamecube BIOS bootup support on Dolphin would be supreme.

Any plans to add Sony ZN-1/ZN-2 emulation in the Beetle PSX/Beettle PSX HW core? It’s a fantastic candidate for that.

Thanks!!

2 Likes

It’s something we would like to do, yes, and we’ve discussed it, but nothing has been done so far.

1 Like

How about a Quake 2 Vulkan Render Core?

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=vkQuake2-Quake-2-Vulkan

1 Like