Core and Feature Requests

I think many (including myself) might think this is top priority because all major emulating has been pretty stable but these cores haven’t been updated much. Same compatibility issues for over years. Without .Dsk support, MSX core is useless. Period. For Pc-Engine CD-Rom, without full .Wav+cue+iso support, it’s a shame to even include core to Retroarch. It simply is useless for now.

So yes, this is major issue for me.

X68000, FM TOWNS … So please ask this to mamedev :smile: because a far i know there are no other libretro-core than mame that support these system.

Meepingsnesroms has added dsk support for blueMSX. It works for single disk games only atm (or I didn’t understand how to launch multiple ones).

Big thanks to him. I couldn’t find his thread where he was taking requests on the new forum.

I’m checking this page sometimes with tears in my eyes…

Here is an equation for my prioritys “worth = (total platform games) * (platforms) / (inaccuracy)”.

So if fixing msx disk support fixes 267 games and msx works on all RetroArch platforms(iOS,Android,Mac,Linux,windows),than fixing msx disk support is worth 267 * 5 / 0 = 1335

I don’t take favorites on this,universal compatibility is my goal.

I am still working on things but the forum is still messed up and I am on vacation,so this thread will be unresponsive for awhile but I am not done,just avoiding the forum until everything works again.

[quote=“guicrith”]the forum is still messed up…just avoiding the forum until everything works again[/quote]What’s missing/broken for you?

I can’t edit the first post in this thread,lost admin access,can’t pin/unpin.(mostly the first)

I just made the first post into a wiki and upped your privs to be able to edit it. Click on the little box with a pencil in it.

Oh the topic I couldn’t find was yours right here in which I was posting! :grinning:

Was searching for a title with “DosBox” in it…

Ok,fourms fixed and back from vacation.

Now I am just waiting to get better.(Got sick on vacation)

Get well soon :smile:

For the pico drive core there is no mouse support and story ware picture support is not enabled on the core for the sega pico. would you or someone else be able to add this? thank you for all your hard work and keep it up! :joy:

I just tested it with .wav+.bin+.cue, it’s working. It should be some problem in your end, like malformed cue sheet. Are you really using ISO?

Take a look at redump images. Default format nowadays is .bin+.cue, with audio tracks in .bin too

Some info you need to convert .bin audio tracks to wav or ogg in Audacity (File --> Import --> Raw Data…):

Signed 16 bit PCM, Little-endian, 2 Channel (Stereo)

and then File --> Export

Or you can do it in the command line (linux, oggenc command)

for f in *.bin; do oggenc -r -q 5 "$f" -o "${f%.bin}.ogg"; done

EDIT: take a look at https://github.com/libretro/beetle-pce-fast-libretro/issues/52, maybe this is why WAV was not working for you and Tatsuya79

Could you add full-featured save states in 4DO? Standalone 4DO has it…

Just tested an image I converted to external WAV and that’s working fine now!

Great work. :slight_smile:

edit: But OGG plays static noise instead of music now! :disappointed:

edit2: It’s just the cue format causing problem:

Before, writing:

FILE "01.ogg" WAVE TRACK 01 AUDIO INDEX 01 00:00:00 was OK, also for Mednafen stand-alone.

Now we need:

FILE "01.ogg" OGG TRACK 01 AUDIO INDEX 01 00:00:00

Don’t know if you want to keep it like that?

Take a look at https://github.com/libretro/beetle-pce-fast-libretro/issues/54

OK, that’s what I understood, it’s just that the behaviour is different from Stand-alone now.

Mednafen accepts: FILE “file.ogg” WAVE

Standalone uses libsndfile to handle these audio files (dynamically links against this system lib).

Almost completely better.(just clogged nose now) What is picodrive story ware? What genesis/gamegear games use mice?

A sega pico, it was an educational console. It would hook up to the tv, have a book and a pen touch pad on the bottom.

Standalone pico drive supports these by having 3 windows: 1 for the tv, 1 for the touch pad and 1 for the storyware book.

The retroarch pico drive will load sega pico roms but there is no support for the touch pen or storyware book.

1 Like

Sounds like a good challenge,but any kids that got this instead of a genesis are probably still traumatized!

2 Likes

VICE 64 v.3 has been released and will be getting updates every third month. Maybe it’s time for RetroArch to finally get some proper Commodore 64 action? It’s probably the biggest missing system on RA now.

http://vice-emu.sourceforge.net/

1 Like