Core and Feature Requests

I know Twinaphex has showed some interest in doing such a thing. However, if it’s timer-based rather than frame-based, it can be difficult to get working sensibly in libretro (see also: prboom and tyrquake).

We might be in luck as bugs in the older linux version where the game runs too fast with high frame rates seem to imply it is frame based without looking at it.

i would love to have some Pinball Emulation like amazing Future Pinball in RA/Lakka

I think it’s closed source, there’s no way to port it. Find an open source alternative.

1 Like

hell, bring us C64-Emulation (maybe with gamebase64 support for nearly perfect “out-of-the-box experience” on each one of the over 20.000 supported games) :slight_smile:

http://www.gamebase64.com/

hey guys what is wrong with vice and frodo ?

Did you just update them again?

They where left outdated for a year and people likely assumed they where dead.(Not that something is wrong with those emus.)

1 Like

here some Infos taken from your Link :

"Vice 3.0 LIBRETRO WIP

Very WIP port of VICE 3.0 for libretro .

Use it at you own risk !"

Dont think this is much usable for Gaming (especialy when it comes to the multi-discside games or the copy-protected ones…) but havent tried out yet, will test it on weekend. Same with Frodo. Why are these Ports are not so well documented and outdated btw… and is there any playlist-generator support for that booth ?

vice 3 outdated for a year are you sure. maybe you mean vice2.4

Yes, I did not know you made a newer port.

Yes I am working on it , to take a break with mame … and to play with nuklear gui ( to have a GUI without using libco)

@shakalakka yes not ready for end user now , but as i said above I’m working on it… I plan to handle multi disc and other easy end user feature…

BTW any help are welcome if someone is interesting to work on it too.

I may join when my gb/gbc bootloader support is fixed up.

1 Like

nice you are welcome and it’s free :slight_smile:

on side note , even if it’s not user friendly , for now you can use the command line to load multi-discside games.

retroarch -L x64_libretro.so "x64 -autostart \"/C64/games/Turrican 2 [Side A].d64\" -9 \"/C64/games/Turrican 2 [Side B].d64\" "

That would make this old C64 gamer extremely happy!

Please bring back the “Configuration Per Core” option, it made it very easy to set up different types of controllers for specific cores, which seems to be impossible now (at least for the average layperson like me) that its gone because while I can remap controls in the quick menu, I can’t edit what controller index to use for a core override as that option is not in the quick menu. Also I can’t seem to be able to change video settings on a per core basis, which is bad because on more resource demanding cores I like turning Vsync and Hard GPU sync off, but again those options aren’t in the quick menu.

It would be cool if it got put back as almost all of the Retroarch tutorials are written with the assumption that it still exists but if not I guess I’ll just use 1.3.6 forever.

Configuration Per Core isn’t coming back, but you should be able to do (almost) everything through a combination of remaps and core/game config overrides. Overrides are basically comparable to per-core configs except that they only need to include the options that differ from the main loaded config (usually retroarch.cfg). You can definitely override options like vsync and hard GPU sync with it.

1 Like

i would LOVE to play my PS2 retro games! any plans there?

No, there’s only one good ps2 emulator(pcsx2) right now and it is too slow to be cross platform.

Not sure where to post this.

The newly dumped Magic Kid Googoo for the new doesn’t work in any of the NES cores I tried