CRT Royale (Slangp Version) How do you change the menu parameters?

I can change all of the Preview Shader Parameters but it won’t let me do it for the menu one where I can then save it. I’m trying to change the mask type to 0.00 instead of it’s default 1.00. I see the Kurozumi edition let’s you edit these parameters by opening the shader file up itself but I don’t see where I can do that on the regular Royale shader file. I even tried copying the parameter line within the Kurozumi shader file to the regular royale shader file but then when I try to load the shader up it stops working completely. I just got myself a 2160 4k tv and this shader now looks amazing compared to it being on a 1080 monitor. The best way to get a clear “4:3” looking picture with that shader seems to be with interger on aspect ratio width set to (6x) and the height set to (5x) with that shader parameter changed to what I described in the beginning. I just want the same shader but with that one parameter changed to 0.00 as it’s default so that way I don’t have to keep changing the preview parameter every time I load up a new game, any help would be appreciated.

just throw this at the end of the royale slangp:

parameters = "mask_type"
mask_type = "0.00"

hopefully that will get you fixed up.

Tried it, it works in the sense that the parameter starts as a 0.00 default the way I want it to when I go into the menu and load it up, but when I save it as a core preset and load up a diff game it just loads up the pre configed parameter every time. Even tried to just change all of the parameters from the Kurozomi edition shader in the Presets folder to the regular royale ones and that did do the trick but once I saved it as core preset, loaded up a new game it just reverted back to the regular royale pre configed parameters and not even the pre configed Kozumi ones. Amazingly I can see the shader actually revert back for a split second soon as I quit Retroarch with a hot key right before the game exit out, not sure what makes it do that especially since I saved it as a core preset. I’m using a Shield TV if that counts for anything.

The core preset doesn’t save parameter settings, AFAIK, which would match your experience. The way to do it would be to just copy/rename your modified preset to the name/location manually or else copy/paste that line at the bottom of each new one you save.

I believe they do save parameter settings because I have a few manually edited crt shaders and if I save any one of them as a core preset and boot up any game the edited shader starts up the way I have it saved (only because I was able to edit the menu shader parameters that is). It’s just this royale shader that doesn’t let me change anything within the menu shader parameters where I can then actually save it as a core preset. It’s the preview shader parameters that won’t save as a core preset and those settings are the only ones I can seem to access to play around with. What do you mean by copying/rename the modified preset to the name/location? What I did before was place the modified one within the shaders folder.

When you save a core preset, it’ll save it to ‘presets’ (IIRC) with the name of the core, e.g. Snes9x.slangp. If you just make a copy of your modified preset and name it Snes9x.slangp and drop it into your presets directory, it should pick it up as a core preset.

hunterk you’re the man, doing that simple trick solved this whole case instantly. Games load up with the modified shader now, thank you so much :smile:

1 Like

I’m also trying to change a parameter in the crtism shader, the Composite Artifacts parameter. The default is 0.50, I’m trying to change it to 0.30. I edited the shader then moved it to the first core I wanted to use it on (Nestopia). I renamed the shader to “Nestopia” and even copied the edited shader to the slang/crt folder but everytime I load the shader it starts with the default parameter instead of the edited one. Is there something I gotta do different this time or maybe I’m doing something wrong? I assumed all shaders get edited the same way. Here’s a copy of the edited shader:

I only added in lines 23, 24 and 25, the rest is how it originally looks.

You’re close, but the actual variables need to come from the shader files and they’re sometimes different from the name that shows up in the parameter menu. In this case, you’re wanting to modify “Tuning_Artifacts” rather than composite_artifacts.

Once again you’re the man, changed those two lines and it’s smooth sailing from there. Thanks again.

1 Like