CyberLab Death To Pixels Shader Preset Packs

Excellent! Try increasing the Crop Bottom %.

Also, many of my presets use Int. Scale Mode 1. You might have to experiment with Int. Scale Mode 0 to get them to fit correctly with @Duimon’s graphics.

Finally, do you mind sharing your settings and method that eventually worked just for the sake of other users please (myself included, lol)?

1 Like

Complete success, many thanks @Cyber and @Duimon! This is looking fantastic! With Auto HDR in Win 11 it really shines on my LG OLED CX.

Screenshot is from phone, and really don’t make it justice! Screenshots from within RA only ends up black for some reason :smiley:

3 Likes

The HDR is probably messing with things. It wouldn’t show up in a screenshot anyway. HDR is hardware not software so a GPU shot would look less bright.

You can try to Alt+Tab out, then back in, and do a Print Screen. You would need to paste the result in an image editor.

2 Likes

Yeah I know. HDR is kind of hard to to showcase. I’ll try to capture a video instead and upload to Youtube. Anyway, things are looking great!

2 Likes

I’m really happy you got it to work! Looks like a match made in heaven!

Hmmm…what manner of sorcery is this? Sounds interesting.

Now I know you’re showing off! That must be one super cellphone camera. It’s not unusual to take screenshots using a camera though. It’s the only way others can get an idea of what you’re actually experiencing.

Since you’re using an OLED TV, you might want to adjust a few settings in order to make things look even better!

Change the CRT Mask from 6 to 12.

Change the Mask Size to from 0 or 2 to 1.

Change the Mask Layout from 0 to 1.

Do these and tell me what you think. You may not even notice much of a difference but these are the only settings that would give you realistic RGB triads on an OLED TV. This is the concept behind my IV_OLED presets.

Lastly, I nominate that screenshot to be displayed in the Please Show Off What CRT Shaders Can Do thread!

3 Likes

I’m not sure if you’re being sarcastic with the screenshot or not :joy: It looks way better IRL. The phone is a Galaxy S22 so camera is pretty good though!

You can read about Auto HDR here.

I think it really makes a difference here at least, colors really pop, especially whites are getting really white!

I’ll give the other mask settings a go!

Here screenshot from within RA without HDR that is :slight_smile:

And a huge thanks for @HyperspaceMadness for making all this possible to begin with! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No, I find it looks great actually! Wouldn’t have nominated it if I was.

Thanks, I’ll take a read and give it a try sometime.

Exceptional! I nominate that one as well!

I second this motion and I will also add much thanks to @guest.r and all the other shader creators whose work the HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader encompasses.

2 Likes

Hmmm… something weird here. It looks like there are scanlines on the graphic, not just the screen.

Do you mind posting the preset?

1 Like

Sure.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WMjwDsRjtsIEQbOAIIgGorihxLd5VhZt/view?usp=sharing

2 Likes

I had to adjust the Integer Scale Multiple Offset.

In any case… I don’t see anything weird when I run it. I wonder what is up with the screenshot. :thinking:

1 Like

I noticed this too. Was wondering if it was a texture until I didn’t see it in the GPU screenshot as well.

Could it be a camera effect or anomaly?

I see it in both the camera shot and the GPU shot.

I have no idea what it is. Maybe a GPU driver issue? I don’t see it when I load the preset on my end.

@e2zippo What are your GPU specs? Which RA video driver are you using? And do you see what we are talking about on your end?

1 Like

This is true. On closer inspection I can see it in the GPU screenshot as well.

Not sure I see what you’re talking about. GPU is Nvidia 3070 with driver version 522.25. RA driver is Vulkan. I took another screenshot from within RA that just use your preset Duimon.

Are you still seeing it here?

1 Like

Concerning the black bar you may be seeing in some of the Chrono Trigger screens, you might need to change the Crop Mode to 1 (CROP BLACK ONLY). This is because the black bars is not visible for the entire game so if you use the Crop Mode 2 setting it will be cutting off visible parts of the screen in the scenes where there’s no black bar at the bottom.

Be sure to adjust the Black Threshold for ‘CROP BLACK ONLY’ as well.

I’m seeing it. It looks like a very even brushed finish. Looks good I must say.

1 Like

Right! It’s a bit gritty, which I like. Not sure how it’s supposed to look now though? :joy:

1 Like

Hmm. Didn’t think I could get rid of that black bar.

I changed Crop Mode to 1 now (Crop Black Only) and Black Threshold for “Crop Black Only” to 1 as well, black bar is still there though.

Edit: Ah, needed to change “Crop Bottom %” to 6.7 as well.

Now it’s gone!

Will this apply to every other Snes game as well, or is it different for every one?

1 Like

Chrono Trigger (USA)-221103-181059

These scanlines on the surrounding graphic.

Yep.

1 Like

Did you also increase the Crop Bottom %?

Crop Mode 1
Crop Bottom % 6.30
Black Threshold 100

Seems to work for me.

By the way, are you using the latest RetroArch, HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader and Shader Preset/Graphics packs?

1 Like