CyberLab Death To Pixels Shader Preset Packs

I noticed this too. Was wondering if it was a texture until I didn’t see it in the GPU screenshot as well.

Could it be a camera effect or anomaly?

I see it in both the camera shot and the GPU shot.

I have no idea what it is. Maybe a GPU driver issue? I don’t see it when I load the preset on my end.

@e2zippo What are your GPU specs? Which RA video driver are you using? And do you see what we are talking about on your end?

1 Like

This is true. On closer inspection I can see it in the GPU screenshot as well.

Not sure I see what you’re talking about. GPU is Nvidia 3070 with driver version 522.25. RA driver is Vulkan. I took another screenshot from within RA that just use your preset Duimon.

Are you still seeing it here?

1 Like

Concerning the black bar you may be seeing in some of the Chrono Trigger screens, you might need to change the Crop Mode to 1 (CROP BLACK ONLY). This is because the black bars is not visible for the entire game so if you use the Crop Mode 2 setting it will be cutting off visible parts of the screen in the scenes where there’s no black bar at the bottom.

Be sure to adjust the Black Threshold for ‘CROP BLACK ONLY’ as well.

I’m seeing it. It looks like a very even brushed finish. Looks good I must say.

1 Like

Right! It’s a bit gritty, which I like. Not sure how it’s supposed to look now though? :joy:

1 Like

Hmm. Didn’t think I could get rid of that black bar.

I changed Crop Mode to 1 now (Crop Black Only) and Black Threshold for “Crop Black Only” to 1 as well, black bar is still there though.

Edit: Ah, needed to change “Crop Bottom %” to 6.7 as well.

Now it’s gone!

Will this apply to every other Snes game as well, or is it different for every one?

1 Like

Chrono Trigger (USA)-221103-181059

These scanlines on the surrounding graphic.

Yep.

1 Like

Did you also increase the Crop Bottom %?

Crop Mode 1
Crop Bottom % 6.30
Black Threshold 100

Seems to work for me.

By the way, are you using the latest RetroArch, HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader and Shader Preset/Graphics packs?

1 Like

Ok, now I see it. I zoomed into my own screenshot as well. So I’m guessing the shader isn’t supposed to touch the graphics at all? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Correct. I am using the Nvidia 517.48 driver. I am willing to bet there is a bug in the driver but am not willing to test it ATM.

2 Likes

6.70 seem to be the bottom for me :slight_smile:

And yeah, RA 1.12 latest stable. Latest HSM and your latest pack, and Duimons 1.0.0.0 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very possible, they have a lot of weird bugs sometimes. It doesn’t bother me for now though, still looks really good. I’m a bit reluctant myself to update to the latest driver which is 526.47.

But we’ll see if it goes away later then!

1 Like

Possibly a bug here also. I am just not in the position to do any tests.

2 Likes

No worries, I’m not in the mood either to go bug hunting right now. We’ll just leave it for now!

1 Like

By the way, I have a feeling you might like my CyberLab__RGB-Sharp__PVM-Edition.slangp preset just as much if not better than my CyberLab__RGB-Smooth__PVM-Edition.slangp preset. It’s very much like the RGB-Smooth one just slightly less upscaled to give it a bit more natural console and TV feel but it’s far from being overly harsh.

Don’t forget to try the OLED TV tweaks I mentioned previously.

1 Like

I’ll check it out!

I did try those mask parameters you mentioned, but they looked… bad. I could have been messing with the wrong one’s though.

1 Like

Either that or your TV is not in RGB 4:4:4 mode.

The difference is supposed to be very subtle. Almost imperceptible from a normal viewing distance but noticeable if you go up to the screen and look at the phosphors.

Changing the Mask Size to 1 is also very important if you change the CRT Mask to 12.

The only other change is the Mask Layout from 0 to 1.

Also, you should ideally be using PC labelled HDMI input and Game Mode. Also ensure that you have HDMI Deep Color enabled for your HDMI input.

You’re right. Not sure why but I was in YCbcC444, not in RGB.

I had some issues with a HDMI cable, but I got a new one, so now that’s working as well! 10m HDMI fiber optic cable :upside_down_face:

1 Like