CyberLab Death To Pixels Shader Preset Packs

also i’ll be trying to take a bunch of photos

I gotta first know, are your psx preset taking as a basis resolution, 480? or something closed to 480p?

MBZ__0__Smooth-Advance_Full_Reflections\1080p_Optimized_Presets\Console_Specific_Presets\CyberLab_PSX_Composite_Slot_Mask_IV_OLED_NTSC.slangp

I really am not seeing any issue whatsoever on my end.

The DREZ Presets are for very specific scenarios. They will not look like the images in the above screenshots. If used for their intended purpose I’ll show you some examples of how they can look next.

MBZ__0__Smooth-Advance_Full_Reflections/1080p_Optimized_Presets/Console_Specific_Presets/CyberLab__PSX__ADV - DREZ.slangp

HSM_DREZ_HSHARP0 = "1.100000"
mask_bloom = "0.000000"

MBZ__0__Smooth-Advance_Full_Reflections/1080p_Optimized_Presets/Console_Specific_Presets/CyberLab__PSX__ADV - DREZ.slangp

HSM_INT_SCALE_MODE = "1.000000"
HSM_DREZ_HSHARP0 = "1.100000"
mask_bloom = "0.000000"

1 Like

let me show you something, here it is your preset without the ntsc prepend preset

and here it is with the ntsc

wait a bit i could make the ntsc look better i change the internal resolution a bit in the first example, here it is how it looks like with the default internal resolution https://ibb.co/82M0Zgy https://ibb.co/Cb96M8Q

simphony of the night, gotta tell you something i’m calling out the preset resolution due to testing before the drez of hsm, 240p drez looked better than 480p, 480p looked to hard on image while 240p went smoother also the shadow mask was quite notable on 480p https://ibb.co/NtkLx1L https://ibb.co/fYHHbvQ

Those last 3 posts could have easily been combined into one single post. You can edit your posts and try to organize them.

These are customizations of my preset for personal use. That’s fine but it doesn’t show any issue with the preset.

Again, there are infinite possibilities for customization of these shader parameters. I’m still not seeing any issue with the Shader Presets.

The 240p sections must look better with the 240p DREZ preset. That’s their intended resolution and you should get back your scanlines which is important for those games to look their best. However, what happens to the fonts and graphics when the game switches to a high res screen and you’re locked at 240p? I’ll tell you, not a pretty sight.

Why use a DREZ Preset on a 2D Pixel art game in the first place? Users are free to mix and match as they please but that is never what was intended by the inclusion of those DREZ Presets. It seems like you’re using the DREZ Presets incorrectly then wondering why your games don’t look so well.

This doesn’t appear to be related to any issue with any of my CRT Shader Presets.

Tap on image then zoom in for best viewing. Desktop users, right click then Open in New Tab, then press F11 for FullScreen. Non 4K users, zoom in until it looks correct.

CyberLab_Genesis_Shadow_Mask_IV_OLED.slangp + Blargg_NTSC_Genesis_S-Video_CyberLab_Special_Edition_II.filt

1 Like
1 Like

Major overhaul incoming!

There’s a real charm that can only be present in the image when every effort is taken to preserve the sanctity and saturation of the mask.

I’m not one to shy away from a challenge so hopefully I’ll come up with a solution that makes the transition as seamless as possible.

Tap on image then zoom in for best viewing. Desktop users, right click then Open in New Tab, then press F11 for FullScreen. Non 4K users, zoom in until it looks correct.

5 Likes

Oh my God. These are just incredible. I love the Konami logo shots. I’ve never seen them look better.

1 Like

This has to be one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen I mean damn impressive work!

1 Like

Wow! Thanks! This is only the first draft!

Lots of tweaking still lies ahead.

1 Like

4 Likes

I can look at those presets all day, saying this is impressive is an understatement!

We gone eat good!

5 Likes

Composit looks so perfect :heart_eyes: roll 1 100

3 Likes

I wish I had a Sony Trinitron, so I could copy the pattern as well. Sony trinitron looks gorgeous.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve seen videos of them and they look so nice!

At the moment I’m really happy with my CX 4k OLED saved for it for a very long time but I use it all day and thankfully no burn in. The ability to change from Slot Mask to Aperture from Cyber and Sonkun makes it so flexible and sweet and convenient :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

It’s not hard to convert your presets to aperture grill from Slot Mask. They’ll look great either way.

Just set both Slot Mask Strength settings to 0 and you should be good to go.

1 Like

What about deconvergence? Is it the same as well? And aperture grille uses mask 12 as well?

1 Like