CyberLab Death To Pixels Shader Preset Packs

2 Likes

CyberLab_Turbo_Duo_Shadow_Mask_IV_OLED_II_for_CyberLab_Blargg_Video_Filter.slangp + Blargg_NTSC_Turbo_Duo_SNES_S-Video_CyberLab_Special_Edition.filt

CyberLab_Arcade_Shadow_Mask_Smooth_IV_OLED.slangp

CyberLab_NES_Shadow_Mask_IV_OLED_II.slangp

CyberLab_NES_Shadow_Mask_IV_OLED_II_for_Core_Blargg_S-Video_Filter.slangp + Core Blargg S-Video Filter

4 Likes

FYI, and this is just me being pedantic, but “shadow mask” refers to both dot mask and slot mask, so “dot mask” might be the more correct nomenclature for those presets currently labeled “shadow mask.”

2 Likes

I understand where you’re coming from and I’m aware of this but I’m going to stick with what’s common or what sounds cooler (or more corny). Language evolves over time.

Just judging by my file naming scheme (or lack thereof) you’ll observe that CyberLab Mega Bezel Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack takes many creative liberties and is supposed to be casual, light hearted, accessible and relatively non-technical.

Some have even implied it seemed “commercial” but that’s just part of the “branding” and “marketing”, which is just a part of my style and something I do for fun.

At some point it is important to have fun with these things eh, as well as take breaks from these exciting forums and from improving the offerings, at least to me. If not, then what was the point in the first place?

Thanks for your interest and input. At least you’re keeping everyone who puts stuff out there on their technical toes, lest we forget and end up in a helium filled, stratospheric embarrassment of ourselves.

Once done respectfully, I don’t mind but do note that this is a perpetual work in progress so there are many things that may or may not be improved over time, that doesn’t mean they’re not known or observed by myself as well.

1 Like

I had been waiting quite a bit for the new version, and now is over, my patience has been rewarded, thx for your hard work now i’ll test and see all the changes that had been made for this one

1 Like

You’re welcome but be sure to thank these awesome folks as well because without them, there would be no “us”.

…and also @Nesguy, who always provides useful points of reference especially where they may not have existed before and of course the very patient and talented @HyperspaceMadness, who brought us all this joy by bringing together all of these separate tools under one umbrella which makes these beautiful works of art shine almost as well as they did on their original analogue viewing technology!

5 Likes

Tap on image then zoom in for best viewing. Desktop users, right click then Open in New Tab, then press F11 for FullScreen. Non 4K users, zoom in until it looks correct.

CyberLab_SNES_Composite_Slot_Mask_IV_OLED_NTSC + CFRS_Mega_TV.slangp

Potential Spoiler Alert

CyberLab_Turbo_Duo_Shadow_Mask_IV_OLED_II_for_CyberLab_Blargg_Video_Filter.slangp + Blargg_NTSC_Turbo_Duo_SNES_S-Video_CyberLab_Special_Edition.filt

CyberLab_Upscaled_No_Border.slangp

6 Likes

Wow. This one is amazing. Using it at 1080p really looks great.

Compared to the Mega Bezel variation I have been using I am really impressed by the noticeable difference in the lettering.

You can see how yours, Cyber, makes the M much less like a staircase and more of a smoother diagonal line.

2 Likes

Thanks @DreamOnNeon, I’m glad you like it and thanks for confirming that it also works well at 1080p resolution! I’ll add it to the 1080p_Optimized_Presets folder as soon as I get a chance!

Feel free to simply switch ScaleFX off for all that cleanness, brightness and saturation with an even more authentic look!

CyberLab_FFMPEG.slangp

CyberLab_Video_Widescreen.slangp

5 Likes

which scale fx do you use on that image cyber? is it scale fx 9x?

1 Like

It’s whichever version is integrated in Mega Bezel Reflection Shader. Maybe @HyperspaceMadness might be able to answer that one.

It’s just the standard scalefx

2 Likes

1 Like

Hi Cyber! I tried your arcade raw/sharp 1440p preset but it present a strong green tint, is there any issue in that resolution? cause i tried the 4k one and it looks color accurate

1 Like

Hi Chuck, that could possibly due to the Mask Layout setting being incorrect for your screen. Did you try toggling it between 0 & 1 to see which looks better?

To find the Mask Layout setting you have to go into Shader Parameters then scroll up from the top to get to it faster since its near the bottom of the shader parameters menu.

On another note, I can hardly make out what’s going on in that jpeg file you shared at the mask level. This is probably because of the high level of jpeg compression.

What you can do is post a PNG file and if it’s too large you can use an image sharing website like imgbb.com which will allow you to preserve the full quality of the original screenshot.

Alternatively, you can use an app like IrfanView which allows you to set a filesize limit when saving jpeg files so if you set it to 4096KB you can get the maximum quality jpeg file that can be uploaded in these forums every time.

I tried toggle between 0-1 at mask layout parameter but it didn´t work. My monitor is an Asus VG27WQ if that matters. This is an example: https://ibb.co/Y3ZxP5p

1 Like

Thanks, I think I’m seeing what you’re describing when viewing the screenshot on my phone.

I’ll give it a check when I get a chance, in the meantime you can probably play around with the White Point, Hue, Change the TV system to NTSC-U or neutral 0, instead of NTSC-J and try disabling Deconvergence.

Other than that, feel free to try some of my other shader presets, especially the newer ones as those Arcade Raw/Sharp presets are a bit long in the tooth now and haven’t really been updated in a while except for maybe compatibility reasons.

Gotcha!, some suggest for a good shader to try with arcade games? Btw thank you for your time

1 Like