CyberLab Death To Pixels Shader Preset Packs

This is nice! Just a heads up that the creator of BSNES and then Higan said that they thought SNES9x is plenty accurate so if you’re low on FPS, that’s something to consider.

You might need to be more specific than this. There are many different presets with NTSC in the filenames. Please include the full preset name and folder path it came from. Wss it a 1080p_Optimized preset?

Also a log might help. You can use pastebin for posting it.

I doubt there would be any compatibility issues. Maybe just a typo.

If you update your Slang Shaders using the Online Updater, unfortunately it’s going to downgrade your Mega Bezel Reflection Shader to an older version so you’ll have to manually reinstall the latest version afterwards.

I await your updates. Can’t do anything without at least the full path and preset names and a log would show exactly where there is trouble loading or creating the Shader.

no im talking about those presets that go into the shaders original folder, not the ones with resolution subfolders. Can you tell me how to provide a log, i really wouldn’t know how to do that.

Thank you!

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks, being the avid follower of and with level of enthusiasm I have for these things I’m well aware of all of this. I chose to use Higan and then BSNES because of their reported near perfect accuracy. I used SNES9X prior to using RetroArch because of the NTSC effects and scanlines but after switching over to RetroArch, I was able to have access to Higan plus Shaders so there was no need for me to look back.

My slight perfectionist (or is it OCD) nature might preclude me from going back unless there’s some compelling reason.

If this was a PSA and not directed at me, I’m not sure it might fully reach its target audience by being buried under all of these posts about presets and shaders here.

Oh you mean my CRT-Royale Presets, not my Mega Bezel Presets. How would I know if you didn’t say which one? Lol

A quick search of the forums came back with this:

You can probably skip the third step.

When you get the log, copy and paste it’s contents in pastebin then share the link here.

If possible you can probably just share the parts where you’re seeing the errors. If I need to see more, I can just ask.

This is the content of the log file.

The link to the new preset is in this forum and i specifically mentioned the one that comes with blargg preset included, the previous ones were separated.

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks

From the log we can see that RetroArch cannot find the grade.slang file in the folder it is expecting it to be.

You can navigate to that folder in the log and check to see if the file is there.

I suggest you redownload everything, including the latest RetroArch, (currently 1.15.0). Set your Graphics Driver to Vulkan, then use the Online Updater to Update your Slang Shaders then check to see if the file is indeed in that folder again and everything is working.

1 Like

have everything up to date, all other shaders from this site work and load up. i have the latest files and the latest updates, that file also is included.

I only have issue with this preset, could it be cause of the file locations of these new files?

I ll let u know

1 Like

maybe u missed to call it slangp with the p in the end?

like in misc it is grade.slangp but in the misc\shaders folder it is grade.slang, so i think maybe your preset redirected to the wrong one?

You can probably cut and paste your following two responses and append them to those post to keep things tidy.

What I think is happening here is that my presets are pointing to the old tried and true Grade - which I have in my misc folder, but the Online Updater is only pulling the latest, new kid on the block grade which resides in the misc/Shader folder.

I can’t see that as the best way to do things as I’m a sort of backward compatibility gradual transitioning kinda guy.

When the rug gets pulled from under projects like that things are sure to get broken, sometimes good things.

My RetroArch installation is of the more mature variety so that’s probably why I have the old grade in the misc folder.

So…I think at this point, reluctantly, I’m going ti have to switch over to the new grade - which means I’m going to have to learn it because from the reports I’m getting it looks and works very differently, unless there’s some way for me to distribute all dependent shaders in my preset pack in order to keep things consistent.

Trust me, this is not something I’m looking forward to at this very moment as I’ve just done a major overhaul of my new preset pack just to integrate the old grade and get everything looking the way I would like but it is what it is I guess.

I think that’s one thing that Microsoft gets right, gradual transitions and caring about backward compatibility.

So if you can get your hands on the old grade from an older installation then you should be golden. Other than that, you can hold on until I update things to work with the new grade or use the first release available on GitHub which doesn’t use Grade.

It’s weird as the version that came out with the video from retro crisis actually worked, and so do all the others you had made previously, even the ones with no blargg filters included. Only the latest one seems the culprit on my system.

Will wait patiently an update, no worries.

1 Like

That’s why.

This preset pack is for Mega Bezel Reflection Shader which includes all shaders separately from your RetroArch installation so all required shaders are self contained.

It should be well worth it and you shouldn’t have to wait too long. First impressions are that this new Grade is a real game changer!

Genesis is looking like never before!

I tested it here too, and really the problem is finding the grade.slang. Actually this whole pack doesn’t seem to work on linux! But the references, from what I understand are all correct!

Are you referring to my CyberLab CRT-Royale Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack this time? If so, please post a log so I can see what’s going on.

Log here

grade.slangp exist:

Video:

1 Like

Wow! Talk about attention to detail! How refreshing.

Right but grade.slang does not exist in that same folder and that’s what the preset is looking for and can’t find.

So it’s not a Linux thing.

I’m almost through with my first release using the new Grade so stay tuned. That should resolve this.

The problem is not finding it, it’s just a write in your shader, the end points to grade.slang and ALL shaders have a .slangp extension… If you just add the “p” at the end of each reference file, everything I believe it is resolved!

It’s not the same thing.

Slangp means the file is a shader preset and slang means it’s a shader. I didn’t write or type any paths in this set of presets. That’s all generated by RetroArch.

The issue is as I have stated which is that the old Grade is no longer supported. It was replaced by the new Grade (very recently) and this new Grade is in a different Folder.

It’s not so simple as changing the path to the new Grade either as its an entirely different beast so I basically had to readjust my masterpieces to suit the nuances of this new colour grading shader.

I’m basically finished and have something that looks good enough for an initial release. Just to package everything and release it.

You’ll probably also enjoy the updates to my Blargg Filter Presets.

So you definitely have something to look forward to today.

1 Like

@willianholtz & @BiRaitBec, New CyberLab CRT-Royale Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack update is out now.

You can try it and let me know how it goes.

1 Like