CyberLab Death To Pixels Shader Preset Packs

Are you having this same issue with the presets in the performance folder?

You can also try some of my presets in the 1080p Optimized Folder and see if it’s still happening.

Yes. For some (not all) shaders, it seems to be affected by “Int Scale Mode”. When I enable “Int Scale Mode” on your shaders, Cyber, it always produces the strange saturation effect. The same happens with some of the presets from the Mega Bezel pack, while others behave as they should. Why they differentiate, I have no idea.

On DoDonPachi it is VERY evident.

1 Like

What’s the resolution of your display again? This discoloration issue could be caused by many different things. One that comes to mine is the scanline and mask alignment and interaction with your display’s RGB subpixel arrangement being less than optimal for the mask settings that I’m using in some of my presets.

I have no idea what this setting does as I’ve never used it. These scanline and mask pattern are very sensitive to spacing and alignment with your display’s subpixel arrangement. If you set Int Scale Mode to 0 and the display gets smaller, you could end up with similar issues. That setting was set to 1 not by chance.

Is it that you’re seeing these anomolies with the Integer Scale Mode set to 1? I’m asking this because I’m seeing the bezel and reflections in your vertical pics whereas before we were advising you of settings that would disable the Bezel then allow you to expand the display area.

If you’ve now decided that you’re keeping the Bezel on, then you might need to at least set the Int. Scale Mode back to 1 or you may even want to try 2 for vertical games and see how things look.

Wow, that’s super weird! Sound like an interaction with the graphics card, what graphics card are you using?

Can you take a screenshot? With retroarch, or with Windows so we can see better?

1 Like

Hi, I’m new to Retroarch, just found out about shaders and presets. Your preset looks quite interesting. I wanted to ask if it’s possible to remove the bezel and frame and maximize the screen space?

1 Like

This post above was to try to answer that question :slight_smile: Maybe that’s what you are looking for.

3 Likes

This is what you will get with these settings.

As you can see the screen real estate is indeed maximized.

One thing for people using my presets. Most of my presets are set up to use the automatic super wide screen mode. This means that when you do something like this, the Background “Scale X” parameter will slide the left and right halves of the background out so you can line up things like logos with the new bezel size.

3 Likes

Greetings @Rex0! I appreciate the appreciation of my shader presets.

Now why would you want to do a thing like that and ruin all of those beautiful real-time reflections that @HyperspaceMadness worked so assiduously to implement?

Do you know that the size and thickness of the bezel are fully customizable as well as the zoom of the viewable area? There are also my presets in the Performance folder, which forgo the reflections but keep the bezel for added performance.

I know to each his own but I like to honour the creator of this wonderful shader as there would be no CyberLab Mega Bezel Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack without @HyperspaceMadness’s awesome HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader!

2 Likes

Thank you all for the responses! I agree that the bezel, frame, shadows, reflections all look really good and I might get drawn to them later on. But for now I just want to use the shader presets without any additional stuff if that’s possible.

1 Like

@Cyber I followed @HyperspaceMadness instructions with you non-reflection presets and this is the result

How to eliminate the horizontal lines?

2 Likes

So, you either want to get rid of scanlines altogether, or you are talking about horizontal lines which are artifacts of uneven Scanline scaling.

To get rid of scanlines altogether adjust the Interlacing trigger res down until they disappear.

To deal with uneven Scanline scaling, you need to turn on the integer scale parameter, if the game screen shrinks and you would rather it be a bit bigger than the viewport then reduce the int scale border size to a negative value.

3 Likes

@HyperspaceMadness I meant just the artifacts of uneven Scanline scaling.

Ok so as per your instructions, I used the following settings just now:

• Global Graphics Brightness = 0
  • Int. Scale Mode = 1
  • Non-Integer Scale % to 100.

At Int scale border min height % = -16.50

2 Likes

But when I set Int scale border min height % = -17.00

Such huge difference at the very next value. How to fix this?

1 Like

Don’t set the parameter to that value.

Integer scale is mathematical. You can’t use any setting you wish.

You can try the Integer Scale Offset parameter instead.

1 Like

Is this a typo? Because Int. Scale Mode needs to be set to 0 if you’re trying to set the Non-Integer Scale % to 100 as per my instructions to remove the bezel.

What internal resolution are you using? Try 1x. You’re free to use whatever internal resolution you wish but based on my testing, 1x works best with Flycast when it comes to my scanline settings.

He is using HSMs instructions.

1 Like

Well those aren’t HSM’s instructions nor mine.

These are:

These instructions are the ones he is following.:grin:

1 Like

Just tried it, at value 0.00 it’s too small and at value 1.00 it’s just too big, pretty similar case as the above images that I shared.

@Cyber I’m just using the default, don’t know if it’s 1x.

1 Like

If you are using integer scale and you are getting a result like this this is a pretty good result. Integer scaling multiplies the core resolution by discreet values, e.g. 1, 2, 3, 4… this is how it gives the exact same number of vertical pixels to each scanline.

However it looks like from this image that you have no scanlines, maybe because you reduced the interlacing threshold? If this is the case and you are happy with the no scanline look then there is no need to use integer scale and you can go back to 100% non-integer scale and have the game screen match the height exactly.

Edit:

Which core is this, is this Dreamcast or PS1 / 2? If so this is part of the issue why the integer scale steps are so big, each step would be another 480 pixels.

1 Like