CyberLab Death To Pixels Shader Preset Packs

I don’t know about @Cyber, but I use my GBA preset.

It can be scaled if you want a larger screen.

It uses the LCD-GRID base preset.

3 Likes

Well you can eh! I love it as well but for me each has its own purpose and serves them well.

I haven’t emulated GBA much because I didn’t grow up playing it. People have used all sorts of shader presets for GBA, including one user who used my 1440p Optimized ones at non-1440p resolution, can’t remember if it was at 1080p or 4K.

With that said if and when I’m ready to emulate handheld systems, I most likely will end up using @Duimon’s awesome handheld bezels and matching LCD grid patterns!

By the way, I just uploaded my new Shader Preset Pack with the updated Video Filters!

2 Likes

I been playing castlevania aria of sorrow for the past 2 hours with your shader/graphic presets and it’s really amazing experience thank you! @Duimon

3 Likes

These are some fantastic presets. Dunno about the rest of y’all but I think Chrono Trigger looks great with RGB Smooth.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum and thanks a lot @Darn! These look lovely! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Just love these JVC D-Series pics!

3 Likes

Great stuff and reminds us why we all keep coming back to these presets and setups and old games. There was just a look that you just don’t have now.

1 Like

This is interesting:

1 Like

We have shaders for this I’m pretty sure…

2 Likes

How do you figure out the best post CRT brightness level.

1 Like

There are many different parameters which affect brightness. I use a combination of them. Too much of any one setting might not look good. Too much CRT brightness results in a harsh washed out and burnt look when the whites and brighter colours start to clip. You can use the 240p test suite to calibrate your colours and brightness levels.

I like to use several different games.

I do things in a very unorthodox and unscientific way. I trust my eyes, memory and my taste to get things dialed in the way I want them to look.

Perhaps @Nesguy, @Duimon, @HyperspaceMadness, @guest.r or @sonkun might be able to give you some additional insight as to how they go about getting things setup the way they want.

1 Like

Thanks Cyber, how exactly do you use the 240p test suite and can I use it with a N64 core or is it for older systems.

1 Like

Well the first thing is to download it and load it into your favourite emulator core. It consists of ROM images for various consoles. N64 isn’t one of them though. I never looked at any guide but I’m sure they exist. There are built in tutorials and detailed instructions in the suite itself.

2 Likes

Thanks you, I tried messing about with it today and followed the instructions which kind of helped but I don’t understand the pluge pattern, Is it supposed to be set to NTSC 7.5 IRE or should I use RGB full.

1 Like

You should really just need the greyscale pattern for adjusting brightness and such.

@DDB

3 Likes

Just paying my respects to the original inspiration for all of this.

2 Likes

Here’s what you can do with my latest shader preset pack!

Be sure to load full resolution and zoom in enough until they look right.

3 Likes

Is there any way to use these shaders without the bezels? I’m interested in the shader presets but not the bezels.

1 Like

There’s another simple method to disable the Bezel and Background Graphics:

Set Opacity to 0 for “Bezel General”, “Frame” and “Background”.

I did the following:

Set Global Graphics Brightness to 0. Then under CRT Screen Scaling set Int. Scale Mode to 0 and Non-Integer Scale % to 100.

This leaves black bars on the top and bottom of the screen. Is there any way to get of those? Or did i do something wrong?

1 Like