CyberLab Death To Pixels Shader Preset Packs

Thanks for the fast reply, that works! :slight_smile: I still find most your presets a bit to harsh (sharp maybe, not sure), any way to make sliightly softer?

1 Like

There are several ways you can accomplish this:

Firstly, only use presets with the words "…for Blargg…" in the name with a corresponding Blargg Video Filter. Likewise if you see "…for Higan…" or "…BSNES Blur Emulation…" in a preset, that means you need to turn on those features in the Core Options of those emulators.

Secondly, use softer presets. For example,

CyberLab__RGB-Smooth__PVM-Edition__ADV.slangp

CyberLab__Slot_Mask_II-Soft__ADV.slangp

CyberLab__Slot_Mask_IV_OLED-Soft__ADV.slangp

CyberLab__Ultimate_Virtual_Slot_Mask_CRT-1P2RTA__ADV.slangp

CyberLab__Ultimate_Virtual_Slot_Mask_IV_OLED_CRT-1P2RTA__ADV.slangp

CyberLab__SNES__ADV.slangp

CyberLab__Wii_Slot_Mask__ADV.slangp

CyberLab__Wii_Slot_Mask_IV_OLED__ADV.slangp

CyberLab__Turbo_Duo__ADV.slangp

Alternatively you can also try:

Decreasing the following Shader Parameter values:

[FAST SHARPEN]
Sharpen Strength

[FILTERING OPTIONS]:
Horizontal Sharpness
Subtractive Sharpness

[---TV PROCESS GTU---]:
Signal Resolution Y

…and/or increasing the following:

[BLOOM & HALATION]:
Halation Strength

You can also send me an example screenshot of what preset/core/game you’re trying to use that you find looks too harsh/sharp. Perhaps you may not be using it as I have intended or in concert with the corresponding Blargg Filter. I don’t mind seeing what you’re trying to describe and having a conversation in order to see if we can achieve what you are looking for.

Lastly, you can check out my new Console Specific Presets with “Composite” right after the name of the Console. Be sure to use them with Blargg or Blur if the names indicate that you should.

Ironically, they were all updated today to be slightly less harsh/sharp (or to put it another way to have slightly improved blending of edges and colours).

1 Like

Awesome answer, thanks! CyberLab__RGB-Smooth__PVM-Edition__ADV.slangp: This one looks amazing, I’d say that’s exactly the look I’m after. Smooth yet sharp and almost acts like an upscaler.

If I wanted to use a background like this from Dumion with your shader, how to I do that? I’ve tried messing around with paths and stuff but can’t seem to get to work. Can’t even find the setting to turn of the background?

3 Likes

There are a few different ways to accomplish this since the last couple RetroArch and HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader releases. I won’t get into all of them right now though. I’ll give you the simplest method for now, then update the post to show you some more.

Install Duimon’s graphics.

Make sure you can load the background that you would like to use properly.

Then open the background preset in a text editor and change the reference line at the top of the file to point to the preset of mine you would like to use instead of what Duimon has currently.

If you need help with the correct paths you can let us know but I think Duimon has posted examples of how to do this so I’ll see if I can find them and add them to this post.

I’ve also seen videos on YouTube where people have done this as well so I’ll see if I can find and share them with you.

That’s method 1. Method 2 involves leaving the first reference line as it is but adding a second reference line to the other preset you would like to incorporate.

This second reference file needs to be renamed from .slangp to .params though.

It should be fairly simple to do this but I just haven’t gotten around to trying it yet.

Again, you can let me know if you need additional assistance.

See here:

You might also want to take a look at my @Soqueroeu-TV Backgrounds CyberLab Special Edition Presets in the MBZ__3__STANDARD_FULL_REFLECTIONS folder. They require @Soqueroeu-TV Backgrounds to be installed though. You can use most of them in conjunction with my Custom Blargg NTSC Video Filter presets or the ones in the Options of various Cores.

1 Like

So by renaming the other preset to .params it’ll only take the parameters?

I tried saving a core preset that looks like this but it didn’t load.

#reference “Mega_Bezel_Packs/CyberLab/MBZ__1__Advance_Full_Reflections/4K_Optimized_Presets/CyberLab__RGB-Smooth__PVM-Edition__ADV.slangp” #reference “Mega_Bezel_Packs/Duimon-Mega-Bezel/Presets/Advanced/PVM_PVM20/PVM20_02-[ADV]-[Guest]-[Night].params”

Also, which parameter do I change to just turn the background image off and only use black?

1 Like

Exactly.

This looks like a path issue.

What you have there would only load if the preset you saved is located in the “/RetroArch/Shaders” folder.

Try creating the following preset in the same folder with CyberLab__RGB-Smooth__PVM-Edition__ADV.slangp:

CyberLab__RGB-Smooth__PVM20.slangp

#reference "/CyberLab__RGB-Smooth__PVM-Edition__ADV.slangp"

#reference "../../../../Duimon-Mega-Bezel/Presets/Advanced/PVM_PVM20/PVM20_02-[ADV]-[Guest]-[Night].params"

Or you can simply add the following reference line to the existing CyberLab__RGB-Smooth__PVM-Edition__ADV.slangp preset.

#reference "../../../../Duimon-Mega-Bezel/Presets/Advanced/PVM_PVM20/PVM20_02-[ADV]-[Guest]-[Night].params"

One thing you also have to look out for are the fancy quotes. If your reference has fancy quotes, that might actually prevent it from loading. Make sure they use straight quotes.

1 Like

The params file needs the #reference line commented out or removed (//#reference).

To remove the Background, add the line…

BackgroundImage = ":/shaders/shaders_slang/bezel/Mega_Bezel/shaders/textures/Placeholder_Black_16x16.png"

…to the end of the params file.

If you go the route of renaming one of my presets to params… you can comment out both the BackgroundImage line and the reference line.

2 Likes

Yay! Almost success, scale is a bit off.

1 Like

Excellent! Try increasing the Crop Bottom %.

Also, many of my presets use Int. Scale Mode 1. You might have to experiment with Int. Scale Mode 0 to get them to fit correctly with @Duimon’s graphics.

Finally, do you mind sharing your settings and method that eventually worked just for the sake of other users please (myself included, lol)?

1 Like

Complete success, many thanks @Cyber and @Duimon! This is looking fantastic! With Auto HDR in Win 11 it really shines on my LG OLED CX.

Screenshot is from phone, and really don’t make it justice! Screenshots from within RA only ends up black for some reason :smiley:

3 Likes

The HDR is probably messing with things. It wouldn’t show up in a screenshot anyway. HDR is hardware not software so a GPU shot would look less bright.

You can try to Alt+Tab out, then back in, and do a Print Screen. You would need to paste the result in an image editor.

2 Likes

Yeah I know. HDR is kind of hard to to showcase. I’ll try to capture a video instead and upload to Youtube. Anyway, things are looking great!

2 Likes

I’m really happy you got it to work! Looks like a match made in heaven!

Hmmm…what manner of sorcery is this? Sounds interesting.

Now I know you’re showing off! That must be one super cellphone camera. It’s not unusual to take screenshots using a camera though. It’s the only way others can get an idea of what you’re actually experiencing.

Since you’re using an OLED TV, you might want to adjust a few settings in order to make things look even better!

Change the CRT Mask from 6 to 12.

Change the Mask Size to from 0 or 2 to 1.

Change the Mask Layout from 0 to 1.

Do these and tell me what you think. You may not even notice much of a difference but these are the only settings that would give you realistic RGB triads on an OLED TV. This is the concept behind my IV_OLED presets.

Lastly, I nominate that screenshot to be displayed in the Please Show Off What CRT Shaders Can Do thread!

3 Likes

I’m not sure if you’re being sarcastic with the screenshot or not :joy: It looks way better IRL. The phone is a Galaxy S22 so camera is pretty good though!

You can read about Auto HDR here.

I think it really makes a difference here at least, colors really pop, especially whites are getting really white!

I’ll give the other mask settings a go!

Here screenshot from within RA without HDR that is :slight_smile:

And a huge thanks for @HyperspaceMadness for making all this possible to begin with! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No, I find it looks great actually! Wouldn’t have nominated it if I was.

Thanks, I’ll take a read and give it a try sometime.

Exceptional! I nominate that one as well!

I second this motion and I will also add much thanks to @guest.r and all the other shader creators whose work the HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader encompasses.

2 Likes

Hmmm… something weird here. It looks like there are scanlines on the graphic, not just the screen.

Do you mind posting the preset?

1 Like

Sure.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WMjwDsRjtsIEQbOAIIgGorihxLd5VhZt/view?usp=sharing

2 Likes

I had to adjust the Integer Scale Multiple Offset.

In any case… I don’t see anything weird when I run it. I wonder what is up with the screenshot. :thinking:

1 Like

I noticed this too. Was wondering if it was a texture until I didn’t see it in the GPU screenshot as well.

Could it be a camera effect or anomaly?

I see it in both the camera shot and the GPU shot.

I have no idea what it is. Maybe a GPU driver issue? I don’t see it when I load the preset on my end.

@e2zippo What are your GPU specs? Which RA video driver are you using? And do you see what we are talking about on your end?

1 Like