DMG Shader

Great shader !

I made a variation with the game boy pocket. It’s darker and less yellowish, more relaxing for the eyes to play at night.

screenshot

The original game boy pocket model is made by BLUEamnesiac.

edit: Newer version here

Ooh, I like this one a lot. Very nice. I’ll get it pushed up to the repo soon.

[QUOTE=Tatsuya79;21654]I made a variation with the game boy pocket. It’s darker and less yellowish, more relaxing for the eyes to play at night.

screenshot

The original game boy pocket model is made by BLUEamnesiac.

download[/QUOTE]

Blueamnesiac does incredible work, just a shame some of his art is too low res to be used for handheld overlays

Nice work Hunterk with the push/optimisation on github. :slight_smile:

I’m trying to integrate a gameboy scaled screen with lcd-cgwg in a border like the one used here for the gameboy pocket. But I can’t use the dmg files which seem to work only with the palette/monochrome multi-pass process.

I tried the border shader but I end up with a bad scaling (lcd matrix bugged) with 2 passes: 1-lcd-cgwg 2-border while 1-border 2-lcd-cgwg works but the border gets processed by the lcd shader…

Does it help to pre-scale the lcd pass in the cgp? That is, put the lcd pass to, say, 4x if that’s what the border will scale it to. I’m not sure if that will fix up the unevenness, but it’s worth a shot.

nope, tried many scaling multiplier and input resolution, always end up strange. I can’t get the voodoo magic within this border shader. I’m a bit clueless about the mimap/wrap/scaling/resolution/… options.

But it should be possible. If I use retroarch in windowed mode with lcd-cgwg at x3 or x4 the result is good.

OK, discovered the scale_type_x0 = “source” instead of “viewport” for the lcd-cgwg pass and used dmg-shader pass5 for the border. That seems to work well with scale x4 for lcd and “don’t care” for the border.

Tried so many combinations before that lol. I’m such a noob.

screenshot

I join the cgp if anyone wants to play with it, you’ll have to change some paths.

That screenshot looks really nice. Good job!

[QUOTE=Tatsuya79;21748]nope, tried many scaling multiplier and input resolution, always end up strange. I can’t get the voodoo magic within this border shader. I’m a bit clueless about the mimap/wrap/scaling/resolution/… options.

But it should be possible. If I use retroarch in windowed mode with lcd-cgwg at x3 or x4 the result is good.[/QUOTE]

Hello,

Thanks for the shader but I cant use it, even if I change path it does not work, can you make it ‘portable’ ?

Thanks in advance.

[QUOTE=justice99;21785]Hello,

Thanks for the shader but I cant use it, even if I change path it does not work, can you make it ‘portable’ ?

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

That’s nothing realistic though of course! :stuck_out_tongue: I even photoshoped a Gameboy color fake logo on the pocket model.

photoshoped a Gameboy color fake logo on the pocket model

[QUOTE=Tatsuya79;21786]Here it is.

That’s nothing realistic though of course! :stuck_out_tongue: I even photoshoped a Gameboy color fake logo on the pocket model.[/QUOTE]

Thanks dude!

Just saw the github commit, you went a bit too fast Hunterk! I was doing the same for the cgp stuff and finishing a new png.

Looks like this now.

The PNG is here if you can replace it on github. (please kill the fake “pocket color” :stuck_out_tongue: )

Credit to BlueAmnesiac again for the GBC skin.

Well, as there wasn’t a black gameboy color model and that’s what I wanted, I tried to desaturate the purple one.

whoops! should be updated now :slight_smile:

I made another one: screenshot

I wanted to use Pokefan531 color passes but I can’t understand how to make everything works together. There are 2 “textures” declaration in the cgp with the LUT + dmg border.

(edit: figured it out, textures = “A; B” and some ordering, basic stuff I didn’t get. That’s working now.)

I was also working on a Game Gear one but the ratio is wrong, don’t know where to force 4/3 in the dmg-pass5.cg.

credit to BlueAmnesiac again for the GBA layer.

[QUOTE=Tatsuya79;21854]I made another one: screenshot

I wanted to use Pokefan531 color passes but I can’t understand how to make everything works together. There are 2 “textures” declaration in the cgp with the LUT + dmg border.

I was also working on a Game Gear one but the ratio is wrong, don’t know where to force 4/3 in the dmg-pass5.cg.

download

credit to BlueAmnesiac again for the GBA layer.[/QUOTE]

Excellent!!!. Do we have scaling options for this one like the DMG one (x2, x4, x6 etc?)

Any ideas if BlueAmnesiac has done any Atari Lynx or Nintendo DS system in the same art style?

[QUOTE=BlockABoots;21857]Excellent!!!. Do we have scaling options for this one like the DMG one (x2, x4, x6 etc?)

Any ideas if BlueAmnesiac has done any Atari Lynx or Nintendo DS system in the same art style?[/QUOTE]

I did the scaling cg, hope the biggest ones work. Can’t really check on my 1080p screen.

Nope, I found no DS or Lynx in high rez, no Game Gear or Wonderswan either. (The Turbo GT isn’t really needed as it has the best resolution of its time and can be played fullscreen. Yeah, just had to mention that for the sake of it! GT love <3)

@Tatsuya79 you can add multiple LUTs to a cgp like this: textures = TEXTURE1;TEXTURE2 TEXTURE1 = luts/cmy.png TEXTURE1_linear = true TEXTURE2 = luts/4k-mask.png TEXTURE2_linear = true