DMG Shader

Yes, but not all of them. For example gameboy.glslp, gameboy-light.glslp, gamebot-pocket.glspl doesn’t work. Other shaders work fine like gb-palette-dmg.glslp, light, pocket and so on.

The wird thing is that when I’m choosing from console-border / dmg-2x.glslp and up --> gb-pocket-alt-7x.glslp I don’t see gameplay, only clear screen and I hear game is running.

Is it possible that Iphone SE is too old for these shaders ? :slight_smile: And I run iOS 13,6

Right. The first few all use the same shader code, while the ones that work use different code, so that’s to be expected.

It’s probably not a problem with the phone being too old, exactly, but just a driver/GPU behavior that would have to be worked around. Unfortunately, I don’t have one of these devices to test with, so it’s not likely that we could pin it down.

I would suggest trying to use one of the latest nightly builds for iOS and use the Metal driver to run slang shaders. Those are typically more predictable.

Thank you for your help. I’ll try to use nightly builds. It’s weird that I can use all of these cool shaders on my PC but not on my phone :frowning:

Anyway, thank you once again.

It’s unfortunately not that weird. Mobile GPUs do strange stuff all the time, especially with differences between desktop OpenGL and the mobile GLES. Our GLSL shaders frequently contain a patchwork of fixes and workarounds for this stuff.

First I thought I’ll try RetroArch on my old iPhone SE, then if it’s working, especialy GB classic shader, then I’ll buy bigger phone( iOS or Android) and pimp/ custom it to most acurate GB DMG classic look with my overlay. I know people use RA on handhels systems but I need it on my phone. For many months I used GBA4IOS with my own custom skin

But when I saw RA GB shader dmg-4x.glslp I fell in love with it and this is my goal to achive it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Metal doesn’t work too :frowning:

does it fail the same way?

Unfortunately yes. Maybe I’ll try with newest version of iOS later.

hey sorry to bother you do you still have these? the forum has them uploaded as jpgs which get rid of the transparency in the original .pngs

Oh my bad! I had no idea the site had converted the files to jpeg.

Here they are in PNG with the transparency intact:
https://mega.nz/file/OZx0XACb#iaqm2F6dtXz0AVG-8698-Y0VNTq09kN8u1w5jWT8YgE

You might also be interested to know that I’m trying to implement a way to tweak and enable/disable the glass effect through a shader parameter, for people to use it to their preference. So I hope soon you can just change the setting and won’t need these files.