Dolphin + Shader(s) = Crash to Desktop

I know the Dolphin core is early days, but I wanted to make sure this wasn’t something that “I” am doing wrong. I didn’t see any reference to it using the search in this thread either.

Whenever I try to load any kind of shader while playing a Gamecube game, RetroArch just immediately crashes to the desktop. No error or anything.

Is that par for the course with the current build of doplhin_libretro.dll? or should it be working?

shaders should work, though you’ll need to use the right shaders for the driver (GLSL for GL, slang for vulkan). If it’s still crashing, get me a long and I’ll take a look.

Wait… now I’m confused.

I always run OpenGL, but I also always use .cg shaders. ('cause I couldn’t change peramiters with gl shaders)

Cg shaders don’t always work with GL cores. It depends on what context they request. Parameters should be fine with GLSL shaders since I hand-converted all of them awhile back.

1 Like

Oh sweet! I guess it’s been quite some time since I tried the GLSL shaders. The parameters are indeed working!

Man, and right after I setup those signal presets through CG :frowning: I don’t think the master behind the analogue shader pack converted them to GLSL either :frowning:

Still, this gives me a whole new shader set to play with! :smiley:

Thanks for all your responses to this and my several other recent threads, and of course, for all the work you do. It’s greatly appreciated :smiley: