DosBox Gamepad Configuration

I am using Lakka nightly 2019-08-13, on a 4GB Raspberry pi 4, with an SNES controller that Lakka has recognized perfectly. I play with that remote all the games of all the systems, from Atari 2600 to Sega Dreamcast, but when i try to play any ms-dos game, like Wolfenstein 3D, for example, it only works with the keyboard. It completely ignores the SNES controller. Sorry, i use the dosbox_libretro core, of course. I don’t know what to do, any suggestions?

Hi, I just want to add, that I have the same problem on lakka on generic pc witch xbox 360 controller. Controler works fine witch snes games, but when I try to force it to work with dosbox it just seems to not work. Of course i have mapped every button of my pad in quick menu (after changing device to keyboard + mouse), but still absolutley no resoult.

Same here. I dont know how to get it working.

I have tested it on retroarch 1.7.7 installed on windows 10 and it works fine with all avalibe dosbox core, so it has to be some problem with lakka version.

Could you put here the retroarch.cfg and the dosbox.conf that works well for you to see if it is a configuration problem? Thanks

I have installed RetroArch 1.7.8 on Windows 10 and the problem remains. In DosBox the configuration of the SNES controller and that of the XBOX 360 controller do not work. The RetroArch control configuration has no effect on the DosBox core. So it is not a problem of Lakka.

I don’t know, I’m starting to think that the core dosbox_libretro is neither ready nor ever will be, to keep the RetroArch configuration in the games it emulates, as happens with NES, for example…

Could someone please confirm it?

Remember than most of the times, the PC games where played with the keyboard. So, in my case, the best course of action was when running a game:

1. Access the quick menu, pressing F1 ussualy does that.
  2. Set the controller type to Keyboard and mouse.
  3. Enable the option to map the Left (or Right) Analog to Digital.
  4. Now the tricky part: map buttons AND D-Pad to keystrokes, for example if you map D-Pad UP to Keyboard UP, D-Pad DOWN to Keyboard DOWN, and so on. This way you have the joystick mapped and used either by D-Pad or Left/Right Analog.
  5. I ussually map B button to Keyboard Enter. The Enter in many PC-DOS games was the equivalent to the Fire Button.
  6. I also map X Button to Keyboard Esc.
  7. It’s up to you to map the remaining buttons of the Gamepad to either Keyboard Key.
  8. When you finish, close the content and restart the game, and voila. You should get it working fine.

Hi, I did all the procedure above but can’t get the mouse moving on DOSBox hero might and magic 2.

My controller is 8bitdo sn30 pro plus and works on every other emulator. I am on USB live Lakka.