Doubt choose shader

What shader is best and yours recommended para emulates in 16:9 snes, megadrive, nes, mastersystem, n64, mame? best shader gerates many hot temperature in processor? i use tv led lg 32"

1 Like

Hi, based on personal taste and experience, the best shader packages you can find on Retroarch are the “Mega Bezel” and the “Koko-Aio”. In addition to the capabilities of its creator, the first also includes various works (such as the legendary CRT Guest Advance, to name one) and condenses them into a complete shaders package and can satisfy all tastes, there are a lot of presets and options for each of them, but the best ones require fairly high-performance computers. The second is an excellent product that offers excellent graphic performance and a negligible performance requirement. On the “KokoAio” thread then find his experimental package on his git-hub repository and I highly recommend you to use his “TV_FXAA_NTSC_Selective” presets. If you ask the creators of these works anything with great kindness they answer your questions and their works are simply amazing. Try them both, it’s always nice to have more visual options for your vintage games.

these shader packs are included within retroarch or do they need to be downloaded manually?

I use retroarch on emuelec tvbox s905x3 4gb ram and I’m looking for a good shader for 16x9 but don’t heat the cpu too much because it reduces the life of the devices

1 Like

They are included with Retroarch, always update online before using them. But at this moment the presets that I told you about are linked to the “Koko-Aio” package, being in the experimentation and refinement phase, you can find them in his GitHub Repository (you can find the link to the first post of his thread) under the heading “…preset_ng /safe_to_use/…” Try them and, both having a frame system, they cover the entire screen but give you a 4:3 image view otherwise you would distort the whole thing. However, if you go to their threads you will find more information. However, in purely performance terms the best are the “Koko-Aio” presets

There are also many other works that I could recommend to you, such as the “Sonkun” or “Cyberlab” packages, these can be downloaded separately and you can find the links in the relevant threads, they are customizations and extensions of the “Mega Bezel” (Cyberlab) and " CRT Guest Advance" (Sonkun) and deserve to be tried for the passion and quality of the work put in place. But as a starting point, use the ones I indicated before to familiarize yourself with this complex world.

1 Like

I use Emuelec 4.6 but I don’t know the retroarch version. Are the shaders updated?

My question is whether the retroarch version of Emuelec 4.6 has all these shaders without the need for me to download them manually

These shaders are always updated, but you should have it. You have to enable Vulkan or GLcore in the video driver and load the shader from “shaders_slang " bezel”.

Do you want to play with 16:9 shader and normal game size? or do you want to play in fullscreen and apply shader?

If this is the case, I recently discovered a wonderful shader. You can apply the anamorphic to correct the ratio and then append a light crt to have something like this…

1 Like

If I use it in 16:9 will it be too stretched and bad? 4:3 does not take advantage of the entire screen

There are two shaders that I have doubts about: the best image shader and the shader that best simulates a CRT TV

That’s exactly what I answered. You also have Cores that allow widescreen hack.

This depends on your taste.

What shader is this with the anamorphic feature?

I’m not getting anything out of choosing a shader, I’m looking for an opinion on which is the best crt simulator and what has a good image for snes mega nes master n64 mame ps1

crt-geom is the best in my opinion. Try it and if you can’t run it well go for crt-geom-mini or fake-crt-geom as a last resort. A close second imo is the superb Guest.r-dr.venom but you have to tweak it a bit. Then as above if you can’t run it go for crt-gdv-mini. Things missing from crt-geom compared to Gdv can be added (some) by prepending Grade or simple-color-controls (glsl).

This shader has a lot of resources and heats up the TVbox

Try the light versions then.

Retroarch contains light versions?

You get it in the " shaders_slang " anamorphic ". With Vulkan or GLCore driver.

I have explained myself badly.

This is not about “the best”, they all have virtues and adapt to the needs.

It’s just that, it depends on your tastes. As it tells you

I don’t like the crt-geom slot mask. I like the trinitron aperture mask of the crt-guest. Which is not true, because I use the crt-guest and I change the mask to slot.

But in my opinion, the best are the royale and the kurozumi, but I like more the newpixie and the scalefx9-aa-blur-hazy-ntsc-sh1nra358. * Don’t open the last one, if your TVBox gets hot with a normal crt, with this one it explodes.

The best thing to do is to try and explore. I can only tell you that the ones that say “fast” and “multipass” are the fastest and if you deactivate the “curve” option it can go faster.

:astonished: wuauuu

In general settings - video - scaling, you have the option to activate integer scale overscale, it scales it proportionally outwards without losing proportion.

You have cores that allow you to enable widescreen.

You can use stretched fullscreen and use anamorphic shader.

The decision of what to use is also yours and depends on your taste. I am giving you alternatives for your choice.

But if you want to use fullscreen HD and stretch the image without deforming the 4:3 games and use the best CRT shader without heating the tvbox… :flushed:

Please wait a little bit. RetroArch does wonderful things, but it can’t do miracles yet.

I just want to configure 16:9 stretch as little as possible and it’s a good shader for 16:9 but it doesn’t consume so many hardware resources

There are several ways. If you read the answers carefully, you will find the solution.