Dreamcast core on Odroid XU4?

Can I get some Dreamcast core action on the Odroid-XU4 for Lakka please? If Recalbox can do it with Reicast included with their distro for the XU4, I believe the guys here can too. :slight_smile: By the way, I’m going solely based off of the inclusion of the Yubuntu core in the XU4 Lakka. :smiley: Which I’m entirely grateful for, by the way, even though it runs a little slow and needs some help (frameskip, 4M_RAM turned on, etc.) to run pretty good (Guardian Heroes, that’s all I got to say!).

The libretro version of reicast is not yet ready for ARM, and we include only libretro cores in Lakka. So I guess you’ll have to stick with Recalbox until ths get fixed by one of the reicast-libretro porters.

Easy Kivutar. LOL I have two Odroid units, one for Recalbox and one for Lakka. :slight_smile: Yes, I like Lakka that much. Hell, I even thought about buying that HP Chromebox for it!

The Recalbox guys are friends, I had a beer with digitaLumberjack last week. Telling you to stick with their system for now is just an advice, not a way to show that i’m angry or something :smile:

LOL my bad for misinterpreting the message. Good to hear, the Recalbox team seems pretty friendly. Between them and you and Twinaphex, you all have saved me from banging my head against the wall with Retropie on the Raspberry Pi 3.

Yeah, I wish it were on it too.

You can get reicast on here to start from the lakka menu, but it wouldn’t be worth the headache. It has a shell and the GCC compiler. It’s totally possible to pull off. But not worth figuring out, unless it’s easier than I am thinking. It might be a simple shell script that the menu uses to start the emulators, but I doubt it. But if it is, then it wouldn’t be too hard. I haven’t looked too hard, but I’ve had a look in a lot of folders just to look around. I didn’t see a shell script.

I compiled it, I can run the core and ear some bios sound, but back screen, then crash.

Yeah that’s what’s happening to me

There is a $220 bounty for this https://github.com/libretro/reicast-emulator/issues/12

I heard it was a issue with the bios names they should not have a dc_ prefix

Now that my skills are better, I’ll take a crack at it! Bounty or no bounty (of course, I’ll take the bounty, I’m no fool! LOL).

1 Like