Drive not bootable after installing RC5

I’m using the 64 bit branch of lakka on an asus R500V, lakka itself is installed on an adata sp550 ssd. I’ve been using the stable branch for a while now. decided to update today, everything seems to have gone fine, however, my main drive is no longer selectable as a boot option. The drive does still however show up in bios

Can you check if you boot live linux distro if you can see the Lakka partitions ?

Thank you.

I already reverted back to the latest stable release. that version still works fine it seems. I can boot directly off my flash drive with RC5, one partition is in an unrecognizable format in windows. not sure how to view partitions in lakka itself if thats a possibility.

I don’t understand did you succeed to install RC5 ? Live mode is not working ?

Live mode does work, and it installs successfully to my internal ssd, my system was just unable to select the ssd as a boot option in the bios. I reverted back to the Christmas build because it wasn’t an issue there

In RC5 (above) my drive doesn’t have bootable software, but still shows up as a working device in the bios.

The Christmas build works as intended and my main drive is labeled as having bootable software.

maybe you can try to use an uefi-installation if your hardware support it?

What Tool do you use for flashing the USB-Stick? i can really recommend to use “Etcher” for this.

same result unfortunately. I’ve been using Win32Diskmanager for flashing my USB-Stick. Etcher did say there might have been a flashing error however, compared to Win32. It created 2 partitions, “H” and “I” , H is readable in windows, but I get an error with partition I saying I need format disk I before I can use it