Dual monitor with Lakka only shows Logo

Hello, im trying to use Lakka on my notebook connected to TV, but the TV will only show Lakka logo and i can’t find in the video options menu where i could change the TV to display the image.

When i use retroarch in Windows, i can do it, but on Lakka im not able to do it.

I don’t know if this changes anything but i am using a device to convert the HDMI to Composite (AV), but it shows as a second display, at least on Windows, on Lakka i think it’s recognized as a second monitor, as the image is different than on the notebook.

Udpate: Confirmed that is recognized as a second monitor, i can see the terminal running on it when i try to reboot or shutdown. I tried to change monitor index on retroarch.cfg, but everytime i reboot it will undo my changes.

Thanks

you have to stop the retroarch process before you make changes to your cfg or it will just wipe the changes out on reboot, as you’ve found. See the Lakka documentation for details.

1 Like

Thanks, i got it working on my TV changing the video index, the image its perfect now, but now i am trying to switch audio device. I followed instructions that i found in issues on github, but i don’t get sound from the HDMI, just from computer speaker when i left audio_device empty on the “cfg” file.

Here it is a result of my aplay -l:

card 0: HDMI [HDA Intel HDMI], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0] Subdevices: 0/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 card 0: HDMI [HDA Intel HDMI], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 card 0: HDMI [HDA Intel HDMI], device 8: HDMI 2 [HDMI 2] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 card 1: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: VT1802 Analog [VT1802 Analog] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 card 1: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 2: VT1802 Alt Analog [VT1802 Alt Analog] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Last time i left as “audio_device=hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=3”, tried also with 7 and 8 but got no sound and the games started to lag.

Each time you switch the audio device, you need to close the game, and start it again.