Dualshock 3 Issues (Crazy scrolling and Bluetooth disconnect)

I am a strange issue here with 2 official Dualshock 3 controllers. As soon as i connect them up the menu scrolls like crazy like the down arrow is being held down or something, however sometimes when pressing the ps button it stops and you can use the controller as normal. When i connect it via Bluetooth it does the same thing except it then disconnects a few seconds later. Both controllers exhibit he same behavior.

I also have a Dualshock 4 paired up and working correctly but I want to use the Dualshock 3’s for multiplayer action but it would seem something is very wrong here.

I am running Lakka 2.1 rc4 on a Wetek Core.

You are using genuine controller ?

Yep 2 of them! They are the originals I have always had. Can take pics if necessary.

This happens to me with a Sixaxis controller (official) but only goes up and down for abound 2 seconds, then all is normal.

What is MotionJoy x64? I am not using a PC, I am on an arm based Wetek Core.

I cant stress enough that these are genuine Sony DualShock 3 pads i have had since day dot with my ps3. I could live with the weird scrolling issue if they remained connected by Bluetooth for more than a few seconds but they dont.

I have the exact same behaviour on an XU4 with genuine controllers. The funny thing is that if I use the same dongle and same controllers with lakka on OrangePi Lite they’re working fine.

I also have this issue. Initial I thought it was a failure of the contact ribbon cable. But having bulked the padding with electrical tape. I can confirm that this only happens when I try to disconnect the controllers. They work without issue if I boot with them connected. As soon as I disconnec they scroll to the bottom of the menu. The system becomes unresponsive and I have to power button restart. Tested on both Odroid XU4 and AMD64 board with a A45. Both on 2.1.Latest

Part of me is thinking: Did you hit the “PS” button in the center of the controller when you turn on Lakka? It always does this, part of the calibration of the analog sticks.

Also, gouchi asks this because if the controllers are genuine, the OS says so when the controllers are connected on the bottom left hand corner of the screen. Since I know the XU4 doesn’t haven built-in Bluetooth, module MUST be Odroid made. Hardkernal SBCs get skittish with other dongles and don’t play nice.