Dualshock 4 crazy-fast, repeating controls

Hi all, I’m having this issue.

I’m using Lakka 2.2.2 in my RPi 3 B+

If I connect my Dualshock 4 V2 with bluetooth the input goes crazy, for example, if I press D-Pad UP, the menu goes UP like if I have pressed the button 4 times.

I read something about .cfg files, but I have no idea really how to load those CFG. I got the RPi coonected with PuTTy and SMB activated (the shared files throgh network thing).

Any help??

That controller config file does not work for me. I didn’t have any existing ds4 configs in /joypads/udev (ssh) or Configfiles\retroarch\autoconfig (smb). I tried the file in both places but my CUH-ZCT2U still jumps all over the place and also interferes with other input devices.

Edit: It works after changing the filename. Mine has to be “Sony Interactive Entertainment Wireless Controller.cfg” - if you can create an autoconfig with the controller connected it will give you the right name to use and then just edit the file and paste in the config above. I navigated first without the controller, plugged it in and my enter button on keyboard still worked even though directionals didn’t. Wired it now works for me, however bluetooth does not.

Still an issue? Nobody really cares for the ps4 controller, it’s the best!

I do a fresh install of lakka, remove the configs with “mkdir /tmp/joypads/udev/crap ; mv /tmp/joypads/udev/* /tmp/joypads/udev/crap”

and then i do the bluetooth setup, usually works.

I believe this isn’t fixed yet. My Xbox S controllers work perfectly. I can recall only 1 time I had to unplug/plug the controller.

Running the latest RA 1.8.1 on Ubuntu 14.04 and kernel 4.19.x and with my DS4v2 controller I can provoke this everytime.

I prefer that RA does not save my settings automatically, and whenever I save the config (Save current configuration), which is the easiest way to provoke this, the controller will be wonky afterwards.This only happens with DS4v2, DS4v1 seems to works fine. (although I can’t say it works 100% before I test it further, but at least it doesn’t get wonky whenever I save the configuration)

My experience shows that this issue only happens with old linux kernels. Using a recent distro would likely fix the issue for most.

In the case of Lakka, the stable version is based on an old LibreELEC (LE8) which means the kernel will not be upgraded (or it is very unlikely). When Lakka-LE9.2 gets released I would expect the issue to be fixed.

It can’t be because of an “old kernel”. It’s not like RA hooks deep into the kernel. Even if it did, there would be a reason of this behavior, not just because of “an old kernel”. And I do use the latest LTS kernel, and the Sony driver is up to date (fixes are backported) compared to master.

It never happens in-game, only by navigating around in the menu. It can trigger randomly, but always after “something” you did, like closing the content, navigating to a big playlist, adjusting a value down or up (and quite often it gets stuck pressing either left or right, and sometimes alternating betweeen left/right), and it triggers almost everytime when saving the configuration.

I have tried to manually creating the config too. (The values will correspond to the built-in autoconfig, so the values are right).

So I’m left using my xbox s controllers, which kinda sucks since I hate that controller.