Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

Found a problem with Sega Dreamcast Alt shader. Change [Top Extra Layer] Blend to 0 or 2.

5 Likes

It should be using additive blending. Thanks, I’ll take a look and fix it.

2 Likes

Not only was it using the wrong blending mode, but it was inheriting the wrong scale. It should have also only been showing in the night presets. :hushed:

Thanks again for the heads up. :grin:

Fixed and updated.

2 Likes

Your welcome. If I find anything else I will let you know.

Forgot to ask if one of those systems is the Capcom Play System?

1 Like

I would do the Dreamcast in the other colors myself but I just can’t get Orange correctly in double bezel.

Edit: Nevermind.

1 Like

Have you seen these yet?

2 Likes

Yeah I did see them. I just wanting to know if he was going to do shaders for it, if not than I would definitely use @Orionsangel’s Arcade overlays.

2 Likes

Just mean if he is going to do a shader that is for Capcom Play System instead of each individual game.

Arcade artwork, besides my existing MAME, FB-Neo, and Arcade graphics, is outside the scope of my project.

My goal is to do a graphic for every core in RA. (With a healthy addition of MAME Software List graphics to fill in some holes.)

The remaining items on my list…

• Amiga 1000
  • Amiga 2000
  • Amiga 4000T

• MegaDuck
  • Apple 2e
  • Apple 2 GS
  • Casio PV-1000
  • Emerson Arcadia 2001
  • Entex Adventure Vision
  • Epoch Super Cassette vision
  • Gamepark GP32
  • Hartung Gamemaster
  • Watara Supervision
  • Fujitsu FM-7
  • Tandy CoCo 3
  • KenSingTon Vii

My current Batocera project will probably expand the list to include some systems not yet supported by RA, but they will be tacked on at the end.

My plan is to tackle the FM-7 first, just because it looks so fun!

It is very likely that I will not do the remaining Amiga. @TheNamec’s stellar pack covers the all the bases and more. (At the very least they will be put off until the rest are done.)

In the past weeks, a great deal of my time has been spent on editing presets to comply with the RC1 of the shader. Additional work remains that relies on bug fixes by the shader wizard @HyperspaceMadness. :grin:

6 Likes

Looks like you have a decent amount of work left to do. Most of those I never even heard of. I will just use Orion’s overlays with the Capcom Play System instead. I am almost done with the two variations of colors of Dreamcast and want to know if you would like me to send the files to you when I am done?

1 Like

Made a quick variety image.

2 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion, and your enthusiasm!

The thing is, the swirl on the logo is the only element in the graphic that has any color saturation. Therefore, these changes should be possible using just parameters.

There are already 12 presets. Adding two more colors would add 24 more.

Doing so, for parameter adjustment variations, would take me down a rabbit hole that I would never emerge from.

3 Likes

I can understand that. Once you do it for this one than how many others would you be willing to it for? It literally would be never-ending cause I have been there myself. Would mind if I created a topic for those who would want it just for Dreamcast? Or I can just add the images and parameter changes here.

2 Likes

Tell you what.

It turns out that parameters alone won’t do it.

I like the orange enough that I will add that alternate. I think it is a legitimate request for a Japanese version.

4 Likes

Thanks for considering one. I will definitely be keeping the other for myself. The Japanese version would have been the best one as the alternative since the system came from a Japanese company.

1 Like

Just thought of testing something and found the shader for the alternatives could be shorter. It still returns the same result.

> #reference "Dreamcast-[STD]-[Guest]-[Bezel].slangp"
> HSM_BZL_COLOR_HUE = "32.000000"
> HSM_BZL_COLOR_SATURATION = "90.000000"
> HSM_BZL_COLOR_VALUE = "79.900000"
> BackgroundImage = "../../../Graphics/SEGA_Dreamcast/Dreamcast_Japan.png"
1 Like

We call this a nested reference, some people are still using them, but I decided against it quite a while ago.

If I make changes to the reference preset, it may cause unintentional changes to the chain.

3 Likes

@Duimon don’t expect me to do other recommendations of shader changes because Dreamcast was the only one that was bugging me. It really bugged me that I would see the blue Dreamcast logo and a blue bezel in the shader, but load a game and see the red one swirling. All the other shaders look great and as I stated before I will be on the look out for bugs and notify you if I see any.

2 Likes

@hgoda90 seeing you play around with the Dreamcast bezel coloring made me try to do something similar with the Turbografx-16 one. I can get close with an orang-y look but not quite. I was actually thinking about gradients as well this weekend and saw you mention it just earlier in the other thread. That would be pretty cool if it’s possible!

3 Likes

Yeah I was thinking of gradients mainly because of the Dreamcast image I posted earlier.

Edit: Check out the post I made earlier that had BZL_COLOR to get the Orange color that took me a decent amount of tries to get the Dreamcast color right.

2 Likes