this is going to be fantastic
It looks awesome, I can’t wait for more overlays !
I liked the blue mame ones you did behind the perforations, any chance of releasing those?
Sad thing that.
I did my best to do a vector version and somehow the originals got lost in the shuffle. I did a new 4K hybrid, (Exported vector layers and did effects in Photoshop)
new repo = “Misc-Overlays-Borders-Bezels”
I hope they meet your approval.
I purposefully left them out of the HSM Graphics repo because I have something new and fun in mind for MAME.
well call me entrigued
Here’s a new one…
I had to make a couple of odd design choices to keep within the mission statement. I hope you like it.
Now for the feedback part.
I am not in love with the other parts of the Gamecube case showing at the top and bottom. ( I thought I would like it, but I’m torn) Please let me know what you think of this version where they are removed.
They add more detail but…
Yeah I think I like it better with them removed.
Perhaps some darkened edge shading on the bottom to mirror the highlight on the top would be good.
I am getting thousands of these errors at script 2.cmd
removed gets my vote for sure, it looks like a mistake in the art.
It is there, but I am using a screen blending mode on the stroke, so it disappears. I have an Idea that may bring it back and make it pop a little.
Thanks for the feedback!
Well. Apparently even though I moved the convert.exe to the batch folder, ImageMagick still needs to be installed on the system. I will update the readme. I should probably update the batch scripts to use the default path in case someone already has IM installed and it is incompatible
That is a problem with the core you are using, try a different core. If you must, I think you could batch flip everything using xnconvert form the xnview software.
edit: scripts, readme, and repo have been updated.
Nothing could be done about the shading at the bottom, since it was at the very edge it just had the effect of cropping the art by one or two pixels. I agree that the image needed balancing so, even though it makes no sense from a “reality” perspective, I just did some shading and mirrored the top line.
I tend to think “para-metrically” when I design, and I need to remind myself that these aren’t 3D models, they are representations.
Here we are.
As an alternative solution, (One I think I prefer) I have removed the top line.
If I am approaching anything like a “signature style” I think it may be my use of these highlights for beveling. It gives realism but not too much depth. I think enough remain in this graphic to retain my style.
edit: I am committing to the last edit. I think I will leave the other objects in the source project file in case someone wants to have fun with them later.
Thanks again for the feedback!
i feel like a real pita lol. none of the imagemagick packs i have installed have a convert.exe
i like the border TV in silver you have in png? wihout image
I have updated repo, it now includes both the EXE and the needed DLL file. Let me know if it works.
That is good then. It is the default bezel generated by the HSM Shader
using simply a 70% brightness color value.
nah still no luck even though the .dll is in the folder it says it cant find it. ps, if i press ok on the error it says it cant find another .dll, keeps doing it again after that countless times, so i guess there is more than the one .dll it needs
Don’t give up just yet. I updated again. Make sure to download all the files because some scripts have changed. I also included an ImageMagick installer that should solve your issues.
Thanks for testing this, together I am sure we can work the bugs out.
no probs. hopefully im of some help