Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

I was able to get Github Desktop for future updates.

3 Likes

I was wondering if other handheld consoles also have wide graphic but they just not in the repo yet. I really like the PSP wide graphic which gives you the option to make the console visible entirely on screen or whatever size you want it to be visible at.

Since handheld consoles designed for certain small screens this options is great to have and makes a lot sence and really gives the handheld vibe all over the screen :innocent:

3 Likes

Nope. The Lynx pair, the GBA, and the Game Gear will get done eventually but aren’t high on my list.

2 Likes

Knowing they are on the list is enough for me, thanks! :grin:

1 Like

Speaking of lists. My work on the Batocera Mega Bezel integration has brought to light a few missing core graphics.

Namely, tic80, zx81, uzebox, and gbc2players.

The new list reads:

• gbc2players
  • zx81
  • uzebox
  • tic80
  • fds
  • Satallaview
  • 64DD
  • Nintendo Playstation Prototype (For MSU-1 games.)

• MegaDuck
  • Apple 2e
  • Apple 2 GS
  • Casio PV-1000
  • Emerson Arcadia 2001
  • Entex Adventure Vision
  • Epoch Super Cassette vision
  • Gamepark GP32
  • Hartung Gamemaster
  • Watara Supervision
  • Fujitsu FM-7
  • Tandy CoCo 3
  • KenSingTon Vii

This may be updated as both projects progress and new cores are added.

4 Likes

Thank you. Please let us know when will these find their way to Git so we can get them.

1 Like

I have a ton of busy work getting the Batocera decorations done and updating the Potato presets as bugs are fixed. I plan on working on the gbc2players today, but many of these could be months in the making. I will keep the forum informed of my progress.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree, I think this would be really cool!

This is now probably easier to do and will look better since the texture aspect ratio is now read from the texture and we have the mip-mapping for rescaling the graphics smaller.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t expect the remaining systems to live up to the PSP though. That graphic was life changing for me.

It is more a work of art than anything else I have done.

And the game in that shot just shows it off really well! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Here’s a quick look at a WIP of the GBC2Player.

I am thinking I will depart from reality, narrow the console body and bezel, and move the controls and logo around a bit.

I’d like the outer edge of the console to be on screen.

4 Likes

Here’s another WIP using the departure from reality.

Each body will have independent colorize parameters.

6 Likes

These would probably make more sense since there is two Gameboys completely on screen, width wise.

Nevermind i guess stand-alone dolphin is what i use for gamecube/gba connectivity :crazy_face: Im getting too excited again haha

These look awesome @Duimon! I’m excited to set this up, im almost to the handhelds in my collection and these will be perfect for the two gameboy situations (pokemon). Also reminded me that Dolphin supports GBA connectivity through RA now, I already set mine up and it all works with perfect sync now. Not a request or anything just thought you might think that’s cool. Would be difficult to add a GBA to the current Gamecube bezel due to lack of extra space but still cool none the less. Love coming here every few days to see what new stuff you come up with.

1 Like

I would think that Gamecube and GBA could be on the same screen but I think will take some creativity to do it. It definitely would not look natural.

I would think that the RA core would get an upstream update sometime. Care to take a photo of something running?

@Duimon Yes sir i sure can, my comments still need moderation for some reason it takes hours sometimes. As you can see im forced to use a makeshift one i made out of Mr. Retrolusts Bezel Set. I could only fit a SP down there, but it works as it should. I mapped the keys for the GBA to keyboard and i use my controller when i game. I have maybe have 12 or so roms that are compatible with the gamecube, some actually can use it as a controller! and it works now! not like back in the day where it was real sketchy, its 100% now i was amazed. I will admit after getting HSM setup and your art and presets added, i really dont like using any bezel without reflection lol, im spoiled now. Would be nice for the RA version of Dolphin to see some of those missing Dolphin features. I had to make a few batch scripts for each of the games, jus a bit of moving files back and forth, roms/srms, etc.

1 Like

If and when the RA core supports the link I will consider doing something. It looks like fun!

1 Like

Here is a final WIP on the gbc2player.

I say WIP because I may use a different method of placing the GBC body graphics, since users will probably not want to scale anything.

BTW. I made a preset that was inspired by a Discord user, for using TheBezelProject overlays with the shader.

It uses the default shader preset (With only some non-integer scaling.) and TBP overlays. I think it looks pretty good, even with their built in inner drop shadow.

I need to test it again and see if I can keep the TBP installer from changing the retroarch.cfg file, otherwise it will take a few more steps to make it work. I am thinking about doing an installation guide.

10 Likes

Quick update before I’m out for the night.

Thanks to a wonderful member of the forum, @Telmo, the MSX2 has been updated with the real Kanji warning label on upper right side.

Thank you again my friend. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes