Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

What does makes Standard presets with TM20 monitor more performant than the one with PVM20 :thinking:

Although TM20 looks more crowded with many buttons and leds compared to PVM20, it does perfrom better than PVM20.

Standard preset with PVM20 mointor :point_down:

Standard preset with TM20 mointor :point_down:

2 Likes

I’ll have to check. I may be using 3D curvature, but I don’t think so.

2 Likes

Looks like our friends over at Batocera have been busy with your graphics and the Mega Bezel!

8 Likes

Yep, it seems the performance hit is coming from curvature setting.

Standard PVM20 presets Curvature Mode set to #3 :point_down:

Standard TM20 presets Curvature Mode set to #1 :point_down:

Changed PVM20 preset Curvature Mode to #1 and the stutter is gone :relaxed:

6 Likes

I thought i had removed that and faked it in 2D. i will do that ASAP.

3 Likes

That is a very nice video. They seem to really like the night presets! :grin:

6 Likes

Standard/Advanced IBM 5153 Night preset seem to has a LED layer issue. It looks pretty dim.

3 Likes

I’ll fix it ASAP. Thanks for the heads up!

3 Likes

5153s are fixed. Thanks again for your bug reporting!

4 Likes

The PVM20 presets have all been fixed. They are now using the newer 2D-CYL curvature so look as I originally intended. :grin:

They, and the LCD presets, are the only presets that are using a curvature parameter, I overlooked them when the parameter index changed.

Love the bug reports! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes
4 Likes

@Duimon I’m getting a few shaders that fail to load, not sure if it was a recent change or if its been that way for a while. Standard Panasonic 3DO presets 3DO-[STD]-[Guest]-[Bezel]-[Night].slangp and 3DO-[STD]-[Guest]-[Bezel].slangp fail to load. After looking at the presets there seems to be a few typos with the LED, i fixed them and it still failed to load for some reason. The pvm/tm seemed to load fine.

3 Likes

Posting a log will make it much easier for me to see what is wrong. :grin:

There were indeed a few path errors in the 3DO presets. I think I have them all sorted now.

It had nothing to do with the recent change, they were just lurking about hoping no one would catch them. :wink:

5 Likes

gbc2player… is this already a thing ? i setup up a 2player game on sameboy but shader fails to load i guess the nintendo_gbc2player folder is missing “…/…/…/Graphics/Nintendo_GBC2Player/ …”

1 Like

The preset must be left over from my testing. I haven’t finalized anything.

The gb2player has it’s own core.

1 Like

thx, I immediately jump on every new thing you publish. what kind of core is that ? i can’t find it - … 2 player tetris with fantastic shader …can’t wait :smiley:

1 Like

I think it’s called exactly that. gb2player [TGM] or something. I am AFK.

1 Like

Nintendo - Game Boy / Color (TGB Dual)

1 Like

Once more, lots of kudos Duimon! One question though. Why Vectrex leaves so little playing area? I am on 1080p and I can hardly make out the palyfiled. Any chance you can skip the lower part of the overlay with the controller and make the palyfield bigger?

Thank you

While this question is answered in the posts above, this is a VERY long thread, I am glad you asked.

The vast majority of my presets are set up so that the user can scale the screen and the graphics will cooperate.

Default Vectrex…

Increased Non-integer Scale % and Y Position adjustment.

Once you have it where you want it you can save a game preset.

There are a lot of subjective differences in the way users play games. Size of the monitor, distance from the monitor, personal taste, etc. It would be impossible for me to make everyone happy. Thankfully, we can adjust things to our tastes.

That being said, I am not totally opposed to creating zoomed presets for handheld systems and the Vectrex. They generally have a smaller playing field at the default settings, and fewer presets to choose from. A very few would have to be excluded. (Dual screen handhelds in vertical layout etc.)

4 Likes