Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

I think it would be nice there is a Vectrex shader where it’s just the monitor and the controllers aren’t visible. More viewing area.

Edit: My idea would be to just set it as a monitor shader and not a complete Alt set.

2 Likes

Yeah… I’m not sure how I feel about this after all.

It took a great deal of time and effort, multiple source exports, source redesign, preset creation, etc. just on my end. Not to mention many shader features the @HyperspaceMadness introduced just to make it possible to change these settings on the fly.

After a certain point, creating a new set of presets so users can avoid changing two parameters, no longer feels like I am doing them a service.

5 Likes

I can understand that. Ideas are thrown out there, some are taken and some are disregarded.

Edit: Forgotten that there are individual shaders for each Vectrex game. So it’s definitely better just to post that people can make only the monitor visible on screen by changing Position Y and Non-Integer Scale %.

1 Like

I don’t know if anybody posted before or figured out this, with glcore the psx shader is upside down but with the vulkan driver the psx is the right way up. I figured that would mean when the glcore is used the Flip Viewport Vertical parameter will have to be set to 1 with all the shaders.

3 Likes

Can two people compete simultaneously, in the same emulated system?

3 Likes

Yes. It emulates two systems connected by a cable, and only runs 2 player games.

In my opinion, one of the coolest cores. I only learned about it a very short time ago.

5 Likes

I thought I would post for people who want just the monitor on Vectrex set the following:

[CRT Screen Scaling]
    Non-Integer Scale %: 82.60

[Position Offset]
    Position Y: -33

5 Likes

It is final and added to the repo.

7 Likes

For your enjoyment, here is a list of games that support a link cable.

4 Likes

seem something wrong with the default preset :

[By Default] Position Y is set to 94.00

Position Y set to 47.00

3 Likes

Yeah shoot. :upside_down_face:

I am using an alpha version of the shader. We are working through some bugs. I will fix it if it is still broken after the next release. :innocent:

5 Likes

you’re too fast :wink:

3 Likes

Actually. Something else may be wrong. I tried using the current release from HSM page and it works as expected. When was the last time you updated the shader?

1 Like

All is updated with github desktop 3 hours ago to check if there were something wrong (HyperspaceMadness shaders are the latest from 3 days ago)

EDIT : to test, i have downloaded all manually from github and it’s the same :upside_down_face:

[Retroarch 1.9.14 / TGBDual (v0.8.3 1e0c4f9)]

3 Likes

I just updated my repo if you want to try that

2 Likes

i was checking your repo :wink: seem you’re working on…i test and come back

1 Like

Ah. You are not using the link on his thread, you are using the alpha version. Very brave. :grin:

Thing are sorted on that end. I have some position adjustments to do on the horizontal dual screen presets, including this one. It is late, I will do that tomorrow.

Edit: It might be a better idea for me to wait until there is a public release.

2 Likes

With your update @HyperspaceMadness , all is ok now, working like a charm :+1:

4 Likes

You’ll notice the two devices are each moved a bit much to the center. (The viewport split kind of hides it, but is betrayed by the thick black bars on the outside edges.)

As I said, since it works well on the release version I will hold off fixing it until a new public release.

3 Likes

I don’t know what is going on but mine is fine.

3 Likes