Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

I made another quick update. I forgot to pre-multiply my alpha channels.

You should update again.

4 Likes

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :sob: :sob:

Edit: Updated, again. :wink:

What did you mean by that? I want to make sure I clearly understand.

1 Like

Ooops! :wink: I meant separate the LEDs to another layer. In the end I separated the Mic also.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. I didn’t understand if you meant the DS or 3DS, since I just mentioned the 3DS right before.

1 Like

I will probably update the Horizontal NDS in the future, when I get to adding the off screen parts to other handhelds.

The NDS works in ultra wide screen mode but the sides are clipped. I think there should be something off screen.

Maybe next year. :grin:

4 Likes

Tested to get a Silver PSP and it worked, surprisingly.

Edit: It was a surprise to me since everything is on the same layer and I didn’t know if the white color would change too.

1 Like

You got lucky. :grin: If you had tried to add color it wouldn’t have worked.

1 Like

Here’s a new one everybody, and unexpected since it wasn’t on my list.

The JAKKS TV Games from the MAME Software List.

I did this for a Batocera decoration, it is one of the systems they support that use MAME. I finally figured out how to get it to run in the MAME core. (It doesn’t use the software list method, unlike every other SL machine.)

This is another example of how my work on Batocera will benefit this project. This is the third system I have added to my list since I began developing for them. :grin:

There aren’t any original games to be had for this system, it just emulated several arcade and console systems, but it is still cool to take advantage of MAME.

6 Likes

Always love those TV games, no matter how frustrating they got.

Edit: Now I am going to have to download some of these games.

2 Likes

MAME presets (STD and ADV) now doesn’t auto rotate screen when vertical games booted.

In that picture I had actually added colorize to 1. Since you said this, I actually set it back to 0 and was able to get the same color through the settings.

It does for me???

The preset is still set up as auto.

That’s interesting :thinking:

This is how it looks on parameters. Using latest public HSM shader and pulled the latest presets of yours. RA version is nightly 1.10.0 through Steam.

1 Like

Yep. 0.00. Set to auto rotation

1 Like

Wonder what does prevent the auto rotation then :thinking:

Was trying to run some games from JAKKS Pacific TV with the latest 0.239 current core but it loads only in black screen, no input, no sound. I have games from 0.239 SL.

This is an example folder structure for Spider Man :point_down:

roms > jakks_gamekey_mv > bcatdoc.zip

Do I need to have a specific system folder and put the games inside?

1 Like

Just put the roms in any folder, and create an opt file for it that turns off auto software list stuff.

They don’t use the software list method.

You will need the game keys from the software list set, and the roms from the MAME set.

I haven’t tried it but to make scanning with a front end easier, I am hoping the keys can be unpacked into rom named folders.

2 Likes

Perhaps the mame core has been updated to not rotate internally and do it the “right” way and tell retroarch about the rotation so it can rotate it.

You could test this by turning on “Allow Core Rotation” and seeing if it rotates. But you definitely want to leave this setting off for the Mega Bezel

2 Likes

MAME had it’s own auto rotate feature, aside from the settings/core. Maybe it is off.

3 Likes

Yes, that was it! I remember now months ago I had to switch rotation for a specific game while testing overlay and it turns out this option was saved during exit from the game :confused:

But it’s weird to see MAME menu is still rotated :upside_down_face:

3 Likes