Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

Please do yourself, (And me. :wink:) a favor and view the images before you try adjusting them.

The Cabinet Glass layer…

…should not be changed.

I am trying to get the different variations of the DS that exist. The lettering and the lines on the d-pad need to be a specific color other than grayscale on some. That is why I changed the [Cabinet Layer] because without it the variation wouldn’t have matched completely.

1 Like

I’m not sure I have another image layer to work with.

The logo doesn’t exist in real life so I’m not sure I can make you truly happy.

My intent was to just turn the buttons and d-pad gray in these situations. It prevents the symbols from becoming impossible to read.

I did a lot of testing while creating the preset. Remember that additive color does unexpected things compared to real world subtractive colors.

1 Like

I was able to get this.

3 Likes

I agree this looks good, I will separate the LED, but if we run into a situation where you want the logo to not change, we will be out of layers to make it possible.

3 Likes

Honestly I don’t care if the logo changes because it will go with the theme of the system. It just bugs me that the light is supposed to be green and it isn’t when [Cabinet Glass Layer] is changed. The light being on a separate layer will allow the color to be changed differently with the lettering of the system.

Edit: Check out the variations of the DS I made to see what I mean about the logo. I think it looks good that the logo and lettering matches each other.

3DS seems to be the same way but I am not going to worry about that one. There was only one New 3DS XL that came out with different colored buttons. I am going to just skip that one.

Orange + Black

You do realize that my NDS graphic is NOT the DS Lite?

I like how the color looks so I will change the LED layer.

My point…

…was that you are testing the limits of my good will.

1 Like

I argue that it is the DS Lite, with disagreement look up the DS Lite. I am honestly trying to help with problem in the graphic. The DS has multiple variations that would mess with the light in the Presets. With the light being on the layer it is, it limits customization greatly.

Interesting. So you are telling me that you were sitting by my side while I created the graphic a year ago, and that we had a conversation about what kind of NDS I had in mind?

And I tell you, there is NOT A PROBLEM with the graphic. You are just trying to do something that I never intended.

Realize.

This graphic uses the

• Background layer
  • Cabinet Glass layer
  • Device Image layer
  • Decal Image layer

and the

• LED Image layer.

It is a great example of using the Mega Bezel to it’s uttermost limits.

We have one layer left to work with. The Top Image Layer.

I spent many many hours creating the graphic, and many many more figuring out the best way to separate the layers to work with the Mega Bezel.

Using every new shader feature as they came out, over the course of two years, making big changes every time.

The graphic and the preset are perfect for what I intended.

You are taking for granted a discussion with the developer that in 99.9% of situations you would never have the chance to have.

Be careful. :no_mouth:

I am simply trying to say that out of all the Nintendo DS versions it looks the most like is the DS Lite. I will leave the rest of the layering to you.

I think this above is all that truly needs to be said. As much as personal customization is beautiful with some of this work, we can’t forget that it is ultimately @Duimon 's work of art. The more we ask of him to stray from his original concept and ideas of his vision, the more I would fear him beginning to see this less of a passionate hobby, and more of a thankless job. I think it is totally fair of him to draw a line on just how much he is willing to depart from his intent.

1 Like

I will just stick to the variations and if the preset doesn’t load than I will let you know.

You may also need to update your version of the Mega Bezel. Your screens are out of Y adjustment and that has been fixed.

I appreciate your enthusiasm and I will change the layer.

I just don’t want it taken for granted.

A request is one thing, but I don’t want people coming in here and asking me to make a million little changes to my graphics just because their OCD says my graphic or preset is “wrong”.

I know, especially for new users, that it seems like @HyperspaceMadness and I did this all intentionally.

That we have coordinated and made it all happen as the result of some grand plan.

That it has always been this way.

__

I take it as a great compliment, and I’m sure HSM does also.

The truth is I just showed up one day and started tinkering with the Mega Bezel. As I found things I wished it could do, I asked HSM if it was possible. He liked what I was doing enough to make changes, to add features.

It all just grew from there to be what it is today. Kind of miraculously.

Taken in that light maybe I should be more grateful for your comments @hgoda90. :thinking:

4 Likes

I honestly really like your and Hyper’s work. I was just making a request for the light to be on a separate layer and didn’t mean to sound ungrateful or disrespectful. I will still help out with the other stuff and definitely let you decide what is done with YOUR work.

2 Likes

Thank you.

On an interesting note.

The NDS is actually just a vector version of a raster overlay I did in 2017.

It was never intended to look like any particular system.

I didn’t start trying to make things look real until I was well along in this project.

2 Likes

That definitely looks like it. I just said DS Lite honestly since the Vertical shader looks that way. I wanted to be as specific as possible and not be wrong, but I guess I was in the end.

Edit: I should specify that I am wrong because you made it and said it’s not the DS Lite. I will from now on simply call it the DS Shader or just Nintendo DS.

1 Like

Not to worry my friend. :wink: We are good.

The NDS is updated.

That is all the layers now. It uses as many as my PVM variations.

The Arcade, FB-Neo, and MAME tilted Cabinet versions are also fixed.

4 Likes

Updated. Thanks dude. :partying_face:

3 Likes