Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

Messing around a little, 25 stops working at 6x. When everything stops working Alt is the answer.

2 Likes

The screens are a bit larger on the other, that may be a reason the change the reference to guest locally. If that appeals to you.

I think anything above 2x is really pointless on the 3DS, it has pretty good graphics already.

2 Likes

It could be pointless above 2x, I don’t know because I mainly played at 3x. I prefer the Alt better honestly, since it shows the whole 3DS.

Edit: 2x is better since you can’t really see the scanlines that much.

2 Likes

One thing you get with 2x & 3x is cleaner edges on 3d polygons. But it really needs to be downsampled in the chain to look good with a shader crt or lcd shader.

To do this you will want to use

MBZ__1__ADV__DREZ-3DS-400x480__GDV.slangp

as the referenced preset so that the first pass reduces the resolution to native.

4 Likes

Yep. Looks like an even internal res (2x, 4x, 8x, 10x) and the DREZ preset looks just awesome.

4 Likes

I’m not sure if you want this, but you may want to add a DREZ preset for the 3DS since it is such a specific situation, and a lot of people use higher internal res, because the native res 3D polygon antialiasing is pretty rough :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

@Duimon, and maybe @HyperspaceMadness, I noticed something while trying out the TurboExpress graphics with the [ADV]-[LCD GRID] preset . it appears like part of the decal layer is frosty, and the other part clear.

I set the “Device Layer” opacity to zero to try and pinpoint

3 Likes

Yep. It is designed that way. :wink:

If it bothers you, you can lower the opacity.

3 Likes

I think I will add one for both the NDS and 3DS, for the [LCD-GRID]-[Integer] presets.

The NDS has a screen res of 256 x 192. Is there one that would work well for that?

4 Likes

Speaking of 3DS, Potato presets current status is known issue, right? I mean the screen positions are off center except the 3DS_Vertical-[STD]-[LCD-GRID]-[Integer] I believe ‘[STD]’ alone is a good indication to believe it’s still WIP somehow. But other than the name it is indeed functional as Potato preset.

Hi @Duimon

testing Mame Cab and seem to not work anymore… can you confirm or it come from me ? or just because the alpha/beta phase of shaders ? (Using latest Duimon-Mega-Bezel and HyperspaceMadness Mega_Bezel Retroarch : 1.10.0)

There isn’t one, but this would be easy to add is there increased internal res possible with nds?

There is a internal resolution setting but it goes by specific settings.

2 Likes

They work. I just missed them when the curvature index changed. :innocent:

I will fix them ASAP. :grin:

7 Likes

you are forgiven (and I am reassured at the same time) :grin:

Edit :

my lack of words in English sometimes plays tricks on me…I wanted to say “it didn’t work as expected” but i think you got the idea :wink:

1 Like

I was wondering if you could possibly set the DS light on a different layer. I did variations of the DS and there are some where the letters’s color needed changing, the light changed with them. :thinking:

1 Like

This would be amazing! I too noticed weird pixel / color issues using NDS and 3DS while upscaling internally.

Everything is already separated and set up to change the color. Which layer are you trying to change the HSV on? The names of the layers in this preset reflect past versions of the shader, you should be adjusting the *Bezel.png, which is the Device layer.

You can also changes the opacity of the Decal layer, which contains buttons and d-pad elements, and customize the color of that layer also.

1 Like

I adjusted the [Device Image Layer], [Cabinet or Cabinet Glass Layer] and in a few [Decal Layer]. The only ones that have the light changed is where I had to set Colorize to 1.

Hopefully we can do something about that soon. :grin:

1 Like