Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

Oh ok. I am just using Retroarch with the MAME core straight up.

Exactly. Simple, so I can support it. :grin:

2 Likes

Using the CLI can cause real issues with loading systems. The SL list method gets around these because the hash XML feeds MAME the requires media info. (Like a boot disc for running a non-bootable CD image.)

Here’s an example.

<description>Fujitsu Habitat V2.1L10</description>
		<year>1994</year>
		<publisher>富士通 (Fujitsu)</publisher>
		<info name="serial" value="HMB-183"/>
		<info name="alt_title" value="富士通 Habitat V2.1L10" />
		<info name="release" value="199405xx" />
		<info name="usage" value="Requires 2 MB RAM"/>
		<part name="flop1" interface="floppy_3_5">
			<dataarea name="flop" size="1261568">
				<rom name="habitatv2.1l10.hdm" size="1261568" crc="4dc2691b" sha1="a99ada487e1970240a284eb67f7420b13c45f265" />
			</dataarea>
		</part>
		<part name="cdrom" interface="fmt_cdrom">
			<diskarea name="cdrom">
				<disk name="fujitsu habitat v2.1l10 (japan)" sha1="5704f482ca0bb17e0a01f82bfc4ea272a7534bda" />
			</diskarea>
		</part>
	</software>

First the XML feeds MAME the floppy image, and then the CD image.

There is probably a way of doing this from the command line and skipping the SL method, but I am not even interested in learning it. (Let alone teaching 1000 new users how to do it 1000 times.)

1 Like

From my understanding the JAKKS is a little weird. It runs the games using the driver the original game ran on, not a JAKKS driver. So no SL folder.

I am not 100% sure my method gives the same experience as the real JAKKS devices did, but the games run, which is all I care about.

MAME is a strange beast.

4 Likes

Thanks to the newest features in the shader, I have updated my Vectrex presets.

Until now, the Gel over the screen was the same size as the game screen. In reality the Gel was larger. That has been fixed and the games now more accurately line up with the Gel details.

I also added night presets and made adjustments so the semi transparent Gel can still be seen in night mode. (It was too dark in the single existing night preset.)

8 Likes

I updated the Vectrex again. I thought the Gel was a bit too bright at night.

8 Likes

@Duimon I found that in the Custom Bezel 2 of Dreamcast Preset that these old :/shaders/ is back.

DeviceImage = ":/shaders//Mega_Bezel_Community/Duimon-Mega-Bezel/Graphics/_Backgrounds/Dual_Bezel_Bezel.png"
DecalImage = ":/shaders//Mega_Bezel_Community/Duimon-Mega-Bezel/Graphics/_Backgrounds/Dual_Bezel_Frame.png"
1 Like

Something must be up on your end, it is correct in my repo.

It’s the same way on Github.

Yeah I was looking at the wrong line. I’ll fix it again. Wierd.

3 Likes

I thought it was weird too. :thinking:

2 Likes

It was just the STD, and it is fixed. (I must have missed it the last time.)

3 Likes

Here’s a very early WIP sneak peak.

This will eventually be the Fujitsu FM-7 for MAME. I have been wanting to do this for a long time because it has really funky keys.

I have the funkiness nailed I think. :upside_down_face:

Now that the easy part is done, time for the fun stuff! :grin:

5 Likes

I made a little progress.

Time to sleep. :wink:

9 Likes

Hope you guys don’t get bored with these WIP. I just feel like sharing some of the steps I go through.

The keys, key backs/holes, and blank inserts are all done. (I removed some of the keys from the middle to reduce my detail work a bit.) Before I get started on the text details I think I’ll spend some time on the body.

(These Japanese keyboards had a crazy amount of symbols and letters on them. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:)

7 Likes

I myself definitely don’t mind the WIPs. I think it is great that you let us get insight into how your works come about.

5 Likes

I have finished the GB2Player and added it to the repo.

It is set up the same as the GBC2Player so if someone wanted to try messing with the colors, they could.

A word of warning… the Device image in the GBC2Player was named incorrectly and has changed.

I will probably do the GB2Player_DMG01 at some point also.

11 Likes

GB 2Player is fantastic!!! THANK YOU ! does anyone know if it is possible to play sound for both gameboys ? on TGB Dual core

2 Likes

TGB Dual Core sound can only play audio of Gameboy #1/Gameboy #2 as seen in the options menu.

3 Likes

I have added three new sets of presets to the repo, in the style of the Game Boy Player for the Nintendo GameCube.

GBA-[ADV]-[Guest]-[Bezel] & [Night]

GBC-[ADV]-[Guest]-[Bezel] & [Night]

Gameboy-[ADV]-[Guest]-[Bezel] & [Night]

I think they are a fun way to play these systems!

These are all made possible by recent updates to the Mega Bezel. :star_struck:

12 Likes