Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

Started out this past year playing default 16:9 stretched pixels (yikes lol) and saw the SF2 gif on reddit of how much shaders enhance the pixel art, so I dove in over the past weeks:

Started with Cyber’s Death to Pixels, which looks really amazing, but terrible on Parsec/Stream encoding. Just doesn’t translate well. Will probably use that for single player chill stuff. Then tried ScaleFX - smoothed stuff out but looked like watercolor painting, not my thing. Went to default HSM Bezel and looked pretty good but sides felt blank.

Ended up on this thread, got it all setup and it not only does a great 4:3 while filling in the sides with all your detailed console options with the reflections going, but also does a fair default job blending the pixels, AND manages to still look good through an encoder on OBS or Parsec, I love it!

My favorites are definitely all the Custom 1 Night presets, really appreciated how the Custom 1 options maximize the screen space bringing the non-integer screen scaling to around 94%, just small enough to see the reflections top and bottom while giving the max amount of playing space possible.

Thx to you, Cyber and Hyper for all this work :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I have been working feverishly on redoing all of the Potato presets. I am doing a complete set so you will have the same choices as the ADV and STD. (Just not the flexibility.)

I have finished creating all the base PSD files. There are 461, so with Night versions I will have to export 922 images. :astonished: (This of course means there are 922 presets.)

I have also created a “Lite” set of presets which uses the GDV-MINI STD base preset and should perform better on mid range GPUs.

Then I need to create the actual presets. :innocent:

5 Likes

I think Skynet built you, @Duimon. You’re a machine! :laughing:

4 Likes

That’s funny. :thinking: One of my nicknames back in the BBS days was “Duinator”. :wink:

3 Likes

Oh gosh, BBS’s. Those were some good pre-AOL days for me.

Now I have an itch to play Legend of the Red Dragon!

2 Likes

There are some BBSs still operational and you can browse them in Windows using the right software. It is a trip through the past!

Cool thing is no long distance telephone bills. :grin:

2 Likes

Could you please help me with this one : what did I missed in the settings for mame curent core as wboy doesn’t fit the width of the bezel - Thanks in advance for your help

Ans sorry maybe I abuse but what is the best shader should I use for arcade games please ? :pray:

3 Likes

To get it to fill the screen just change

[Cropping Core Image]
    Crop Left %: 6.50
    Crop Right %: 6.50

5 Likes

I was wondering if the Mega Bezel could work with video aspect ratio in Core Provide. Perhaps it would eliminate the need to use crop settings. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: @HyperspaceMadness

1 Like

So I think this information about areas which should be cropped would be in the information the core gives about overscan if it has it. In not sure if that’s something independent of aspect ratio or not…

3 Likes

Thanks very much for your help ! then I save the settings just for this game, wright ?

2 Likes

Yeah just save the settings just for the game.

2 Likes

Thank you for the setting ; works like a sharm

for my display : [Cropping Core Image] Crop Left %: 6.10 Crop Right %: 6.10

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you have any other problem like that always remember, it can be easily fixed by cropping the left and right of the core image.

3 Likes

And/or the top and/or bottom.

Different systems and even different games on the same system, need different cropping. It needs to be done, (If it needs to done.) on a game by game basis.

In the past you just had to deal with it. With the Mega Bezel you can fix it. :grin:

5 Likes

We can rebuild him…

3 Likes

better, stronger, faster…

2 Likes

Someone give this guy a promotion. He deserves it!

1 Like

Is this the Six Million Dollar Man.

4 Likes

Does anybody actually know some real good shaders to use for Arcade games?

1 Like